Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2009, 06:30 PM

Default Having problems relinking audio files

Hello, I'm in a Pro Tools class through Berklee and I'm having a problem linking audio files to other students projects that I download. We all are using the same files for our projects, and I have the audio files on my external hard drive. I've had this issue before, and I can do it manually by finding the files and dragging them into the regions list or the edit window and trying to line them up, but there's got to be an easier fix than that. I can find the audio files located on my hard drive because I know where they actually are, but the find links and commit links commands are greyed out, and I can't get the files into the select files to relink collumn. Lame. Anybody have an idea what I may be doing wrong? In my workspace browser, my external hard drive is set to (r) record. Another student in my class who's using a mac, suggested I locate the folder with the audio files and hit Command+i so I tried Shift/Ctrl/Start/Alt + i and nothing worked. I then tried right clicking on the hard drive, folder and individual files to see if I could find a way to set them to "read and write" but I was not able to find that option. If anybody has any advice, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks - paul
Old 01-20-2009, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Having problems relinking audio files

Problem solved. I had to right click on the folder containing the audio files, and then go to Preferences, and then I deselected the "read only" option in the "attributes". That solved the issue, and upon opening the .ptf, the files were found and relinked within seconds.