Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Drum Re-Hab/Drumagog Demo Questions

Can anyone give me any tips on how to run the trial versions of these programs? I've tried without success. I downloaded them to cdr on my internet pc then installed them on the pc listed below. The files were in the plugins folder but wouldn't show up on the insert drop-down list. Thanks in advance. By the way, I haven't had any trouble running ptle 7.0 since building the pc! Thanks to all who helped me with that project.

Tim

1x Rosewill ATX Case
1x Asus A8N E Socket 939 motherboard
1x ATI Radeon X700 PCI-E video card
1x AMD Athlon 64 x2 4400+ CPU
2x 512MB (1.0GB) Corsair RAM
2x Western Digital 80GB SATA HDD
1x Lite-On DVD +/- DL DVD-burner
1x Windows XP Pro SP2, OEM
Old 01-30-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Drum Re-Hab/Drumagog Demo Questions

Bump
Old 01-30-2007, 05:13 PM

Neither show up under plugins? Drumagog will be under "other"

Speaking only of Drumagog, I had a similar issue after I upgraded to 4.08. Their tech quickly sent me a copy of vcredist.exe (Visual C++ component), ver 2.05xxx, which fixed the problem (it was an issue on my pc, not drumagog). You may want to try it, search Microsoft for KB259403, where there is a newer version available.

Or just email their tech support, they answer VERY quickly.

When you do get Drumagog installed, here's how I use it. First (if applicable/possible), make sure the phasing is right on all the drums (I just use the phase inverter on the digi eq plugs, and the drums are relative to the overheads) . I do this by ear, as I don't know of another way. Then, I copy (duplicate) the drum track and put the plug on the copy, then pick a sample. I'd suggest starting with just the Drumagog mono plug (there are some fixed latency versions to choose from too). Note that if the original drum track has its phase inverted (from step 1), you must do the same to the copied track. Then I solo just the two drum tracks together, set nudge for 0.001, and hit the - key slowly, listening for the two beats to get the deepest (usually within 6 ms). Then I blend in the sample to complement the original via the mix. Hope that helps...
Old 01-30-2007, 05:46 PM

I looked under other but they weren't there. I only want to test the trial versions to see if I even like the programs. Sounds like you use the full version, do you like it?
Tim
Old 01-30-2007, 07:07 PM

I like it a lot, it's intuitive enough to begin using it quickly but powerful enough to do all sorts of things with. It's a pretty comprehensive plug.

It's an RTAS plugin, not an audiosuite plug that "prints" what it does to the soundwave. People who are used to Soundreplacer have an initial negative reaction to this.