Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2018, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Waves is giving away the Gold Bundle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yeah if anyone wanna throw away money just buy some Waves plugin bundles. The devaluation tempo is amazing and I keep thankin' myself for selling that Merc bundle while it still was worth something and never will I buy another Waves plugin ever no matter how cheap and degrading they act

Totally. I purchased the Waves SSL bundle on sale years ago... even on sale, it was twice the price of what Waves is now offering the entire studio classic collection! I'm really not sure what is going on at Waves. Perhaps the sales and impulse buys translate into significantly more revenue through WUP and upgrades?

In any case, some of the bundles they are selling today are still useful... and pretty appropriately priced! Just tools and all that jazz.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:25 PM

I'd imagine the low price point helps to curb piracy, and it essentially kneecaps the secondary market, so anyone buying a Waves plugin is almost surely getting it from Waves directly, or a authorized reseller. Add to that the impulse buying and the revenue from WUP, and they probably break even over a long enough timeline.
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey
Old 09-30-2018, 06:37 PM

Reselling plugins has pretty much become a thing of the past.

Between subscription plans, Waves practically giving them away, and UAD forcing you to sell all or nothing, you have to just buy what you know you will use and just forget about the money spent.
16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory
Patriot - Spark 256GB SSD System Drive
Patriot - Ignite 480GB SSD Work Drive
Hisense 43" 4K Display
Presonus Quantum
OS - Windows 10 Pro

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, Just pee on it and walk away.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:45 PM

Default Waves is giving away the Gold Bundle!

I just start using Waves SoundGrid networking system and wow, It really rocks! The price I paid for updating my mercury after years was covered for the great system they had up with. Only speaking of I/O’s it rocks. And is free. You can buy their interfaces or the bridges that use digilink to pass (bridge Protools) or connect your ASIO or CORE driver and you will start thinking again about their plugs because it uses servers also as a great dsp system to share in your building. So this sale got me thinking if their low cost bundles start to make sense to have them In different systems in my studio.
Old 09-30-2018, 11:06 PM

Default Waves is giving away the Gold Bundle!

Quote:
Yeah if anyone wanna throw away money just buy some Waves plugin bundles. The devaluation tempo is amazing and I keep thankin' myself for selling that Merc bundle while it still was worth something and never will I buy another Waves plugin ever no matter how cheap and degrading they act

Hahah - I got Gold for a song years ago from a person to person transfer....always looked at upgrading but Horizon was the only one worth having. Diamond didn’t do anything for me.

I still have a few waves plugs that I use all the time... The pultec’s for example and Ren Bass !!! I love

The rest of my waves collection gathers virtual dust, b/c who can sell a used plug when all the new ones are $29.

It’s probably cheaper to buy new than to upgrade these days

For some one starting out or deep into the soundgrid hardware——it’s a really insane deal.
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Hahah - I got Gold for a song years ago from a person to person transfer....always looked at upgrading but Horizon was the only one worth having. Diamond didn’t do anything for me.

I still have a few waves plugs that I use all the time... The pultec’s for example and Ren Bass !!! I love

The rest of my waves collection gathers virtual dust, b/c who can sell a used plug when all the new ones are $29.

It’s probably cheaper to buy new than to upgrade these days

For some one starting out or deep into the soundgrid hardware——it’s a really insane deal.
Well if you want Horizon today is the day to get it. $299!

If you have Gold that takes it down a bit too.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-07-2018, 09:49 AM

And today Mercury is $1999, insane price. This was almost $10,000 at one point and included much less. Use a 10% off code and get it for $1800. Not a bad price if you like Waves plugins.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-08-2018, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
And today Mercury is $1999, insane price. This was almost $10,000 at one point and included much less. Use a 10% off code and get it for $1800. Not a bad price if you like Waves plugins.
Thats exctly what I am talking about We paid over $10K for the Merc not that many hears avo and before anyone starts telling us plugins aren't like investing in gold, I know that and the Merc bundle has paid for itself many times over during the years, it is down to principle. You just don't mark down a 100.000 dollar car to 19.999 dollars one day just to squeeze the last deops out of those old plugins, it is just wrong and that is the reason myself and others are pissed off and tired of the Waves selling structure. I am really tired of seeing these $29 or less emails every morning just ve us the finger after paying 3-4-5 times that a year ago.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-08-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Thats exctly what I am talking about We paid over $10K for the Merc not that many hears avo and before anyone starts telling us plugins aren't like investing in gold, I know that and the Merc bundle has paid for itself many times over during the years, it is down to principle. You just don't mark down a 100.000 dollar car to 19.999 dollars one day just to squeeze the last deops out of those old plugins, it is just wrong and that is the reason myself and others are pissed off and tired of the Waves selling structure. I am really tired of seeing these $29 or less emails every morning just ve us the finger after paying 3-4-5 times that a year ago.
On the one hand I take your point, but if its paid for itself then one could say c'est la vie. The market has changed, it can be argued, they have to cut their prices in order to compete. But that said I think they've overdone it. It's the speed of the cuts that makes me wary - every month is a new "lowest ever sale" that makes you think it will never stop. It smacks of desperation. Given that this is their position today, what are they going to do on Black Friday?

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 10-08-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseboyuk View Post
what are they going to do on Black Friday?
I'm looking forward, and saving!