Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 11-15-2010, 08:08 AM

Default Confused with new Output Busses.

Hi guys,

I'm not sure I understand the the new Output bus options. Can someone please explain how this works.

In the past I had a limited amount of busses. Now I think we have over 100 or something, but there is an option to link to output paths, or MAPPING TO Output.

When I go back to the PT mixer and click the output of a channel, sometimes the BUS option is greyed out, and I can't select it, but the bus names show up in the INTERFACE category? I don't really get it. I have an old I/O set up that I use with my subgroups and FX returns all set up and named. I can import that, and it works great, the confusion come when trying to ad more. can someone explain..
Old 11-15-2010, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Confused with new Output Busses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micline View Post
Hi guys,

I'm not sure I understand the the new Output bus options. Can someone please explain how this works.

In the past I had a limited amount of busses. Now I think we have over 100 or something, but there is an option to link to output paths, or MAPPING TO Output.

When I go back to the PT mixer and click the output of a channel, sometimes the BUS option is greyed out, and I can't select it, but the bus names show up in the INTERFACE category? I don't really get it. I have an old I/O set up that I use with my subgroups and FX returns all set up and named. I can import that, and it works great, the confusion come when trying to ad more. can someone explain..
This might help you out
http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor..._v81_67827.pdf
Old 11-15-2010, 08:34 AM

Russ does a decent job showing how to use it.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 11-15-2010, 08:44 AM

Thanks guys,

I did watch Russ' video, and I think that's great for creating buss routings on the fly. But I like to have a more permanent set up, that I can just use the Import session data feature and pick and choose the channels I need.

I usually have Tacking I/O set up, and then a MIX I/O set and some variations of them.

So I don't think I need to use OUTPUT Buss paths, but if I un-check them. the BUS option in the track output becomes unavailable.