Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2009, 03:05 PM

Default structure free stops passing audio

I'm having a recurring problem with Structure free. When opening a session structure free stops passing audio. Manaully triggering from the plugin's graphic keyboard works, but playback from the midi data does not. Duplicating the instrument track fixes the problem. The new track passes audio. Not a crippling bug, but annoying for sure...

Has anyone else had this problem?

PTHD8.0cs3
OS 10.5.6
macpro quad 2.6
5gb ram

Thanks,
Old 07-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Avid

Default Re: structure free stops passing audio

Can you verify that the MIDI Out tab of the Instrument track is actually set to the correct Structure instance and MIDI channel?

Do you move your plug-ins around by dragging or option-dragging to a new slot? That can often cause problems like this with VI's.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Can you verify that the MIDI Out tab of the Instrument track is actually set to the correct Structure instance and MIDI channel?
The output tab of the structure instrument track does not offer any midi channels or plugin inputs, only hardware and buses. Is there another output tab that I'm unaware of?

Quote:
Do you move your plug-ins around by dragging or option-dragging to a new slot? That can often cause problems like this with VI's.
I've noticed that and avoid that now. This is happening upon re-opening a session that was working fine a minute earlier...once I duplicate the track and delete the original everything is good until I close and reopen the session.

Thanks for the reply...
Old 07-13-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakco View Post
I'm having a recurring problem with Structure free. When opening a session structure free stops passing audio. Manaully triggering from the plugin's graphic keyboard works, but playback from the midi data does not. Duplicating the instrument track fixes the problem. The new track passes audio. Not a crippling bug, but annoying for sure...

Has anyone else had this problem?

PTHD8.0cs3
OS 10.5.6
macpro quad 2.6
5gb ram

Thanks,
Use a stereo aux for the VI plugins and a midi track for the midi data. A lot of people are having the same problem with instrument tracks.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:58 AM
Avid

Quote:
The output tab of the structure instrument track does not offer any midi channels or plugin inputs, only hardware and buses. Is there another output tab that I'm unaware of?
Yes - the one that's part of the Instrument properties, where you select your MIDI input and output. Go to View>Mix or Edit>Instruments. You should see something similar to this track (where 'All' and 'Xpand' are indicated):

Instrument Track View