Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 06:05 AM

Default SERIOUS HELP WITH SETUP FOR PTMP7.3 & M-ADIO PROJECT MIX !!

Hi I have just rebuilt my PC for PTMP7.3
I have M-Audio Project Mix I/O + Intel Quad6600 Cpu, Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R M/Board, 2GB Ocz 8ooMhz,520W Trust PSU,Xpert Vision 8600GTS 512Mb/128Bit/Gddr3 GFX Card,2 x 320GB Seagate SataII HDD, Windows XP Pro SPK2.Reason3,Guitar Rig2.

When I set a guitar track on Project Mix, there is tons of digital distortion when i play guitar and i cant record!!
I have just spent a load of money buying all these new componants and I cant record!
I checked the project mix, it seems fine, then a PTMP7.3 mix I had done and its handling it fine, the CPU load for PTMP7.3 is way low which is great as it's a Intel Quad! but not for recording guitar.
Just sent Pc to shop and they tested every component and said it was fine.

I tried all guitar inputs and same digital distortion,i have just spent more money sending Pc back to the shop for testing all components.

Im thinking it can only be my PTMP7.3 Setup for audio with the WinXP Pro Audio Setup Panel.Anyone with similiar setup please show me how to get rid those pops and clicks.
I am sure the Project mix is working right, only had since June and its hardly been used!
It's strange how my DAW worked fine on my old Pc setup(sempron) but couldn't process much.

Also is the Project Mix and PTMP7.3 meant to be running on ASIO drivers?

Can anyone help me out here as I am in the middle of recording and cant get to finish my song till
I get this sorted out. Thank you to fellow digi-friends for all advise past and present.
Ricky. [email protected]
Old 09-13-2007, 09:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: SERIOUS HELP WITH SETUP FOR PTMP7.3 & M-ADIO PROJECT MIX !!

You should start with the steps in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x/7.x General Troubleshooting thread and post specific info on your system per the info on that thread if you're unable to resolve the problem.

Also, make sure you're running the latest drivers and firmware for the ProjectMix, available on the M-Audio website.