Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 01-05-2016, 10:06 AM

Default (Total) lack of respect wth the RTAS plug-ins owners and PT10

I have Pro Tools 10 and would like to upgrade to use Pro Tools 12 and upgrade my Mac to "El Capitan" too.

But I have many RTAS plug- ins purchased of which do not yet have support for AAX .

How can AVID be sloppy and disrespectful in that direction with your customers?

They even gives the license for pro tools 10 when buying 12 because not all compatible with AAX .

Are they forcing us to go to another DAW ?

I'm in a situation that I have to take my Mac out of date because it can not fully appreciate the Pro Tools that I BOUGHT and its not compatible.

AVID will still ignoring us?

Sorry about my english, I`m from Brazil
Old 01-05-2016, 10:53 AM

Default Re: (Total) lack of respect wth the RTAS plug-ins owners and PT10

Avid of course has no control over the 3rd-party plugin manufacturers, but I'm curious as to which of your RTAS plugins haven't been ported to AAX-64 yet? Almost every single one of mine (and I have a LOT of plugins) made the AAX-64 transition when I was still on PT 11.
And the reason they give you a 10/12 combo license is so you still have a platform for all those RTAS plugins. I still revert to my 10 install on occasion for that very reason.
Why didn't you research compatibility BEFORE you spent money? All the info is out there.
If it's working on PT 10 and you're happy with it, just keep on working with what you have. Is your MAC capable of running El Capitan?
Old 01-05-2016, 11:35 AM

The disrespect was introducing RTAS in the first place all those years ago.

I danced a jig when the death of RTAS was announced.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 01-05-2016, 01:13 PM

Remember all the people wondering (griping about) why it took so long to make PT a genuine 64-bit program? RTAS was the last bottleneck.

Last edited by sw rec; 01-05-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Remember all the people wondering (griping about) why it took so long to make PT a genuine 64-bit program? RTAS was the last bottleneck.
and even then they were the last to go 64 bit
Old 01-05-2016, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
The disrespect was introducing RTAS in the first place all those years ago.

I danced a jig when the death of RTAS was announced.
yeah, kind of like bitching when a splinter is removed.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bncprado View Post
I have Pro Tools 10 and would like to upgrade to use Pro Tools 12 and upgrade my Mac to "El Capitan" too.

But I have many RTAS plug- ins purchased of which do not yet have support for AAX .

How can AVID be sloppy and disrespectful in that direction with your customers?

They even gives the license for pro tools 10 when buying 12 because not all compatible with AAX .

Are they forcing us to go to another DAW ?

I'm in a situation that I have to take my Mac out of date because it can not fully appreciate the Pro Tools that I BOUGHT and its not compatible.

AVID will still ignoring us?

Sorry about my english, I`m from Brazil
Is there any reason you need to go to El Capitan? If you ever want to use PT10 you won't be able to go beyond Mavericks. There are major issues with trying to run PT10 in Yosemite and there will be the samwe when trying to run it inside ElCapitan.

As to plugin compatibility you have 32 bit plugins. You also probably have either the vst or au format for the same plugins installed on your computer. If you do then you have options. One is to get a bit bridge utility like jbridgeMac to bridge the 32 bit plugin to 64 bit. Then get either Blue Cat Audio's Patchwork or MB7-2 to host the bridged plugin in PT12.

QAPLA!
Old 01-09-2016, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Avid of course has no control over the 3rd-party plugin manufacturers, but I'm curious as to which of your RTAS plugins haven't been ported to AAX-64 yet? Almost every single one of mine (and I have a LOT of plugins) made the AAX-64 transition when I was still on PT 11.
And the reason they give you a 10/12 combo license is so you still have a platform for all those RTAS plugins. I still revert to my 10 install on occasion for that very reason.
Why didn't you research compatibility BEFORE you spent money? All the info is out there.
If it's working on PT 10 and you're happy with it, just keep on working with what you have. Is your MAC capable of running El Capitan?
I have to update because I use another software that is requiring the update. I own a mac pro 2010 (with 32gb ram), that is not the latest tecnology but I wonder that is work with el capitan.
Its a hard decision, cause I have to pay 400 bucks to upgrade pro tools and even paying, will not work properly for me.
Old 01-09-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Avid of course has no control over the 3rd-party plugin manufacturers, but I'm curious as to which of your RTAS plugins haven't been ported to AAX-64 yet?
Drawmer Dynamics TDM was awesome..
Focusrite Forté Suite, was super awesome.
Focusrite LiquidMixHD TDM.
Access Virus TDM.

I'm not sure, I think Fairchild 660/670 too.

The only reason for me to upgrade to PTHD12 was because I bought a 32-core machine, and PT9/10 "32-bit" does not work with 32-cores, only up to 20-real cores, and unknown threads.

Fast bounce, was ok, but not as fast as my imagination. :) LOL.
Ram cache is nice but I think it's available since HD10.3
New meters, is very nice, but available since HD11.3
Heat Native overpriced. $500usd.?
More plugins was nice.

PTHD9.0.6 meters are crap... when I compared PT meters vs. my real analog BIG VU meters, what a crap. PTHD9.06 meters useless.

Pspaudio VU meters also crap.
Klangheim not as bad, but still feels they lack/need more frames per second. Not as good as real VU meters. Feels fake, Maybe with a true 120Hz monitor, and a very low latency 2ms, Maybe...

Last edited by JuanPC; 01-09-2016 at 02:43 PM.