Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 04-07-2016, 07:32 PM

Default Collaboration timeouts and errors using Windows 10

I realize Win 10 is not officially supported, but after having a couple of colleagues upgrade from 12 to 12.5 (using Windows 10) with no issues, I did as well. Unfortunately, when I try to upload (or download) a project, the task fails with either a timeout message, or a "Failure: No Message Received" error.

I've reinstalled the app, ran it in compatibility mode, recycled preferences, updated hardware drivers and even disabled my firewall and antivirus, but nothing seems to work. Nothing shows up in the system event logs and my network I/O is solid up and down. (Possibly related, the Avid Application manager will not connect as well, but I have no issues logging in via the Pro Tools application.) Other machines in the network are not having the same issue.

Has anyone else seen this?
Old 04-09-2016, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Collaboration timeouts and errors using Windows 10

Yes, I'm having the exact same issue, and I'm also using Windows 10. I've tried all of the same trouble shooting attempts as well, also with no luck. However, I am able to successfully log into the Avid Application Manager.
Old 04-10-2016, 05:48 PM

I'm going for a clean uninstall/reinstall tomorrow per the Pro Tools Expert method. I'll let you know if that makes a difference. I contacted Avid as well, and they (understandably) told me I was out of compliance with Windows 10. Most people don't seem to be seeing this issue however.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:22 AM

Just to Update, this ended up being some portion of Bit Defender. I had previously disabled all of the modules which had no effect. I had also added all of the AVID EXE's to the exceptions list in the Bit Defender application. After doing a full clean uninstall/reinstall of PT 12.5, I still had the issue, so I started installing and testing methodically until I hit Bit Defender. I'm not sure what was causing it and have been working with AVID to help isolate it.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:43 AM

That makes sense, as I'm using Bitdefender as well. How did you determine that was the problem? Did you have to uninstall Bitdefender completely?
Old 04-15-2016, 06:29 AM

Yes, I actually had to completely uninstall it. I had earlier ruled it out as the culprit, because I had gone in and completely disabled every single module from Bit Defender Central on this machine. I had already added every EXE I could find the the exception list and that didn't work. So, after my clean uninstall/reinstall of Pro Tools didn't work, I came back to Bit Defender and completely uninstalled it, now everything works. One thing, the projects I had been trying to upload were corrupted somehow. I had to delete and recreate them. Also - I think a piece of BitDefender is still on my system, because when I tried to enable Windows Defender, it keeps turning off, which is what usually happens when you have a separate AV running. I'm still troubleshooting that one. I'm interested to see if you have the same issue.

Last edited by Phenolic72; 04-15-2016 at 06:48 AM. Reason: Spelling and Clarity
Old 04-15-2016, 05:44 PM

I really like and trust Bitdefender, so I'm hoping they and Avid find a workaround. As for some of Bitdefender hanging around your system, I always use their uninstall tool, just because I've run into similar problems in the past.

Because I won't use Pro Tool's collaborate feature much, I'll probably keep Bitdefender installed.