Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 12-28-2001, 08:24 AM

Default Automation problem

I am using version 5.1.

Something appears to have happened that is causing the program to ignore automation volume settings on all tracks. The automation still appears on screen, but does not function. The pan and mute automation seems to still work. Just the volume is not working.

If we copy the track over to a new track the automation then works again. Only problem is that it then loses all of the processing of the original track.

We had even tried opening up a new session and importing all the tracks again, but that didn't work either.

My suspicion is that we inadvertantly changed some global setting that is telling ProTools to ignore any automation volume settings. That would explain why it works again on a brand new track (one that would probably be restored to default settings).

Help!! We've lost a days worth of mixing. But I since I canstill see it onthe screen I know it must be able to be brought back.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:22 AM

Default Re: Automation problem

OK, view your session in the edit window, medium Height.

You see the volume button on the bottom of each track? It should NOT be greyed out.

If it is greyed out (which you can do with command-click), the automation will not play back.

This is one of those "gotchas".

DC
Old 01-02-2002, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Automation problem

Go to your automation enable window and make sure that you haven't disabled volume automation. Also make sure that your track is in automation read mode and not auto off. The automation enable window should still be apple 4. Oh, also go to setups preferences / operations and make sure that you have moving faders enabled. Maybe you're just not 'seeing' the automation and only hearing it.