How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2015, 08:55 PM

Default Strange MIDI behavior

Hi-

This just started happening, so am not sure what started it.

I would record a synth part (hybrid) or even a drum part (ezdrummer) and decide that I want to remove a piece of the midi.

I highlight the section and remove it.

I then hit play...there are no notes in that section, but the midi plays?
And also, I might lay down a track, quantize, so I know it's in tempo, and half way through the track, it sounds like a drunk person laid down the part! Timing is everywhere but on the beat.

I rebooted, tried another project...and get the same behavior. I am wondering if I hit some sort of MIDI hotkey to cause the behavior.

Any help would be extremely grateful. I have worked on it all day/night to no avail...at my wits end.

Thanks,
Keith
Old 10-09-2015, 09:34 PM

Default Re: Strange MIDI behavior

Computer specs? CPU model/speed. Interface? Playback engine setting? Exact Pro Tools version?

You are sure the notes are not scrolled up or down off the visible track (unlikely if you selected and deleted that area) or on another track (solo that track and make sure).

Try with a different VI, like grand piano. What happens? Disable all other tracks while doing that.

Try increasing the playback engine buffer size, and make sure "ignore errors" is not checked.

Try trashing prefs. Double check you system is fully optimized.

Start over in a new session (again).
Old 10-10-2015, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Strange MIDI behavior

Trashing the prefs and starting a new project seemed to do the trick.

Thank you for your suggestions!