Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 10-28-2008, 04:53 AM

Default Export MIDI to Audio in ProTools?

Hi everyone.

I recently joined the ProTools world after working several years with Nuendo. Now in Nuendo, i can select a single MIDI track and export it to audio. The option enables me to export not in real time - which means much faster export, and also to create an audio track automatically, placing the audio region exactly in the same time as the original MIDI track.

Now, in ProTools i can do bounce, but this takes the real time, and also, i have to bounce form the beginning of the track, so i'll be able to import it to another audio track - so it will be in the same time.

I guess there's a better way to do this in ProTools. Anyone?

Thanks, Gil.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:21 AM

Default Re: Export MIDI to Audio in ProTools?

I think a better explanation is needed. How exactly do you export midi as audio? For the moment, I will assume you mean you want to print the audio that the midi track is playing thru a VI(softsynth)? Unfortunately, PT is realtime only on this(bounce to disc). You could buss the sound source to a new audio track and record enable that track and "burn" the audio(takes the same time but you can do it while recording some other tracks)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave