Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-29-2016, 05:09 PM

Default Pro Tools HD Native Annual Upgrade Plan

I received the email below from Avid today offering me a $99 upgrade for Pro Tools. Since I have a Pro Tools HD license, I would be pleasantly surprised if this was the renewal price for a Pro Tools HD yearly support plan. I had already decided that $499 was not worth the price for a tiny 5.1-channel post production rig (1 or 2 titles a year).

Is $99 the correct price for Pro Tools HD native yearly support? If not, why did I get this email?

I'm not sure I'm in the right forum since I suspected there would be more people asking this same question.

Andy

----------------------------------------------------------

Valued Pro Tools Customer,

We hope you’ve enjoyed the past year of Pro Tools upgrades through your upgrade plan—and there are even more great features are on the way. If you renew your $99 (USD) annual upgrade plan now, you’ll get access to exciting new features like Avid Cloud Collaboration, available in March. To renew, go to My Avid or contact your local reseller today.

And right now, if you also purchase a $99 (USD) plug-in plan, we’ll give you the Eleven plug-in complimentary—a $499 (USD) value.

Here are the top reasons to purchase both the $99 (USD) upgrade plan and $99 (USD) plug-in plan today:
• Create highly realistic guitar amp sounds within Pro Tools with the Eleven plug-in
• Expand your creative palette with sound processing tools, effects, and virtual instruments
• Receive immediate access to the latest Pro Tools updates and upgrades
This offer expires March 31, so upgrade today and stay up to date with the latest Pro Tools features. To renew your upgrade plan, go to My Avid or contact your local reseller today.

We wish you many more years of creative enjoyment.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:13 PM
Avid

Post Re: Pro Tools HD Native Annual Upgrade Plan

Hello alk3997,

The $99 renewal is for Pro Tools (non-HD), you received this email since you previously owned Pro Tools with the Complete Production Toolkit.

You'll find renewal options specific to the products/plans you own by clicking the "Renew Support" link for that product in your Avid account. You can also see the top 2 options in the "Got Pro Tools? Renew or get on a plan to stay/get current" section of https://www.avid.com/products/Pro-To...ware/licensing for more info.

Best regards,
JC
Old 03-01-2016, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD Native Annual Upgrade Plan

Thanks for the information!

Please email with the correct price. As I said though, I can't see renewing at what I think is the HD price.

I'm kind of stuck between needing HD for 5.1 and not being able to justify the cost of the upgrades for HD. I suspect I'm not the "target customer" for the HD upgrade model.

Andy
Old 03-02-2016, 04:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD Native Annual Upgrade Plan

The correct price for the 1 year support plan upgrade is $399 the second year so that would be the price.

We have got those same emails regarding $99/$199 even though we run HD systems here and I believe they send the same emails out to everyone and people usually know what PT versions and upgrade plans they are on.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————