How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2014, 12:38 PM

Default VCA spill in a snapshot recall?

VCA spill in a snapshot recall?

It would be really nice for me if the VCA spill could be set to automatically engage when you want it to. I am thinking along the lines of being able to setup an engagement of the spill when a VCA fader is above a certain level.

I have been using an SC48 for musical theater lately and I usually use 20 wireless mics. The first 16 are fine because they are always on the first layer. It’s the times when some of the 17-20 mics are in use in a scene along with some of the 1-16 and I want to be able to mix then as the show goes.

So what I do is I set up DCA-1 that I label as spill and I only have that fader up if I have channels assigned to that VCA in that scene/snapshot. And when I see that that fader is up I double press the select button to spill the content of that VCA to the faders. If I have a few scenes in a row with a bunch of mics coming and going but a base number that are up I will assign all of those mics in that bunch of scenes to the spill VCA so they aren’t constantly jumping around in their position on the faders.

Now if I could configure an event that would do a VCA spill whenever the VCA-1 (spill) fader is up that would be very helpful to me. And as I write this I realize that I would also need to set up an event that would turn off the VCA spill when the fader goes back down again.

I know I am going to be told to post this on the idea scale but I get the feeling that participation in there has died to next to nothing.

So does anyone else see that this functionality would be useful or am I the only one?
Old 09-22-2014, 02:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: VCA spill in a snapshot recall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMAXX View Post
I know I am going to be told to post this on the idea scale but I get the feeling that participation in there has died to next to nothing.
Ideascale allows seeing all requests at once - unlike this forum, which is not a structured storage of requests. So, to increase chances to get the feature done, you still should put it on Ideascale.