Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2017, 02:51 AM

Default Sync problem

Hi! I have just finished working on the sound for a documentary. It is going to be on a few cinemas in Spain. When I went to see it for the first time at a cinema to check for any problems, there were 5 minutes of the film in which the sound and the picture weren't in sync. I went back to pro tools in order to check, but it was correct and in sync. We also checked the final video export from Premiere and it was also Ok. Nevertheless when it is projected in cinemas from a DCP or just projected from a computer through HDMI, these 5 minutes of the documentary are out of sync.

Has anybody ever run into a similar problem? Any ideas?

Thank you all very much.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:56 PM

Default Re: Sync problem

If it were a drift issue it would gradually loose sync and then wouldn't be back in sync. It sounds to me like an edit was made in the picture after your work copy and that 5 minutes slipped in the timeline.
Old 04-24-2017, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Sync problem

Yeah--the cut you were mixing to is not the cut they are using in the DCP. You have to find out the file name of what the DCP house has and check it against the name (and creation date) of what you used. It's possible that someone screwed up and send either you or the DCP house the wrong picture file. I'll give the benefit of the doubt to your picture dept that they didn't keep changing the picture after exporting it to you......although that HAS happened.