Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 08-19-2018, 09:48 AM

Default So, no more audio interfaces from Avid for Pro Tools (Standard) then?

Hi, everyone,

I bought a new MacBook Pro 2018 15 inch and realised I need some adaptors to keep working with my Avid MBOX 3 Pro (TB3->TB2 and TB2->FW800 and FW800 to FW400). But then I went on to see the Avid website, and (just now) was surprised that the MBOX 3 Pro was out of production and was shocked to see that there is no new audio interface from AVID, except the old USB Eleven Rack and the interfaces for PT Ultimate (Pro Tools HDX/HD I/O/Omni/MTRX).
The end of support for my Avid Mbox 3 Pro is 1st March 2020, that is only 1.5 years. So, should I expect Pro Tools to stop supporting it after that date?
In that case, what would be a good substitute for the Mbox 3 Pro? And why Avid didn't make a new interface with USB-C, for example?

Any thoughts are welcome.

Last edited by Intini; 08-19-2018 at 11:17 AM.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:34 AM

Default Re: So, no more audio interfaces from Avid for Pro Tools (Standard) then?

When support runs out for your MBox, it will still work with PT, but no new software/drivers will be developed for that hardware platform.

Check out the Focusrite Clarett USB range. Nice interfaces and they have USB-C connections.

System Details