Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2012, 01:15 PM

Default Audiosuite modernization feature request

So we've been going through a few work arounds in order to get audiosuite gained clips from a sequence into pro tools and it made me realize that Pro Tools is a bit hamstrung when it comes to audiosuite... In Media Composer, audiosuite plugins are handled as if just adding an effect to an existing clip... If I want to delete the effect, it's simple...just delete the effect and the original clip is preserved... And I can edit the length of the effect easily with trim and re render... It's fairly elegant by comparison to Pro Tools which treats the audiosuite affected clip as a whole new piece of media... Wouldn't it be great to have the kind of control you have in Media Composer over Audiosuite plugins right in Pro Tools? I would be so much more apt to use them if that were the case...

And since i'm dreaming, how about the ability to organize your sound files into bins and folders like media composer too?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukepicnic View Post
And since i'm dreaming, how about the ability to organize your sound files into bins and folders like media composer too?
whoo - I like that !!!! Folders and bins great idea - instead of having 200 audio files and midi and all other kinds of stuff - have it sorted out by 'all active regions in a sessions' or something like that and manually of course !!!! Nice
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.