Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2006, 01:07 AM

Default PTHD7.3 PCI-e version compatible with XP ?

Hello Diginerds,

Well I'm going to repeat it , is PTHD7.3 PCI-e version compatible with XP ?
DIGI SAYS " currently unsupported on XP"
but is not clear the info for 7.3 dont speak abouth PCIe,

I'm just a gman with a fat PT but makes no music.
I keep it @ the attic my new Protools box with the HD2 and 96i/o to collect dust
on top of karton box .
Oh yeah

Greenaudio studio
I almost made a record

HaHa

ps Or should I'll ask my dealer who sold me this ?
Merry Xmas And a happy newyear from Belgium
And on the HD2 karton box is stated v7.1 for MacOSX & XP
Would I blow up the exp cards if I try to use it ? ect voltage and other factors ?
Old 12-18-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Re: PTHD7.3 PCI-e version compatible with XP ?

Hi!
This might be out of line, but I will say this: it is working for me here.

Now let me clarify this:
I have a Mac Pro. I am using Bootcamp. This emulates a BIOS, which XP requires to run...other OS's use an EFI, which is a little different; this is what OS X uses. The hardware in a Mac Pro is Intel stuff. These are the same CPU's and such.

That said, it SHOULD logically follow that (at least) similar hardware BIOS'd Intel systems would work with HD Accel PCIe cards. I wish I had the cash, or at least friends with PCIe systems, so I could try this out. But I dont...

The next thing to realize is this: Digi can sometimes take a long time to qualify something. The ASUS system that I, and Rail, pioneered, was in existence for quite some time before being officially supported or qualified. And that is the catch... While it may work, support will be non-existent. Well, not "non," but rather relegated to other users. You wouldnt be able to call in to Digi and get support for a hardware issue involving the computer.

I do not work for Digi, or represent them...so, please take what I have written with one HUGE grain of salt...there are no guarantees or anything; I am simply saying that based on my experiencces thus far, the cards should work in (at least, but not necessarily limited to) an Intel based system. I would try to reproduce the Mac Pro system as closely as possible (intitially) to ensure the best chance of having it work. Maybe someone will take the big chance, and walk a path Rail and I did years ago and take a chance on pieces based upon research and such. Good luck!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:29 PM

Infact I have a PCIe PC with dualcore 2,4 2 ports for HD2 PCIe
and a HD2 PCIe with 96io so I could pop them in
I whas just wondering if my warrenty would cover this ?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:31 PM

As long as the PCIe slot is to spec you can't damage the cards by plugging them in -- let us know if it works.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••