Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2012, 11:02 AM

Default Need help downloading protools 8 full.

So i have recently bought protools and a mbox package this summer and it came with 2 protools licenses and a factory. The le came with it's cd but protools full version only had the license and factory.

I would like to get the full version somehow so i can use it instead of le, anyone in there right mind would as le would be a downgrade and a half haha. Anyways, avid if you are reading this as well, it would be a great help and appreciated if i can get a download or cd sent to me. Thanks a lot =D!!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Need help downloading protools 8 full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPapakonstantinou View Post
So i have recently bought protools and a mbox package this summer and it came with 2 protools licenses and a factory. The le came with it's cd but protools full version only had the license and factory.

I would like to get the full version somehow so i can use it instead of le, anyone in there right mind would as le would be a downgrade and a half haha. Anyways, avid if you are reading this as well, it would be a great help and appreciated if i can get a download or cd sent to me. Thanks a lot =D!!!!
Did you register the product when you bought it? If so the Installer links should be in your MyAvid account. If you have the PTLE 8 disk its a full installer. If you needs PT9 or 10 Installers from a upgrade these shoud be in you account. Replacement Installer disks for currently offered versions of PT are available in the DigiStore.

If by full version of PT8 you mean PT8 HD you need HD hardware or the Complete Production Toolkit to unlock PTLE.

You post left me a little confused as to what your actually looking for.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-25-2012, 10:55 PM

Yes you are correct it is the Pro tools HD, my apologies for not being specific. As for your question no i did not activate it as i did not have the software for it. When i picked up l.e at L.A music mississauga i helped them out and they gave me the ilok otherwise known as a factory with the license key. The Mbox 2 from it was the same model there for i had no need to buy the second device but it was previously used so everything is already stored on the ilok (Factory). The only thing i am missing in other words should only be the software for protools hd if i am correct. This is what i was instructed from the people at L.A music.

In either case thanks for your reply, it is appreciated.
Also i have just re activated my L.E for at least the mean time.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:22 PM

This is not getting clearer. No Avid dealer should be giving or selling you an iLok asset for Pro Tools HD without selling you HD hardware. Why not ask that dealer exactly where to get the software you are after?

Pro Tools HD 8 is useless to you without at least an Avid HD PCIx or PCIe core card installed in your computer and a corresponding digilink interface (like a Digi 192 IO). Pro tools HD8 will not work with an Mbox2 so I cannot follow your description where it sounds like the store was running an Mbox2 with a HD 8 iLok asset. They can of course have the iLok plugged into any computer running Pro Tools LE, that won't affect Pro Tools LE since LE uses the interface (Mbox) for licensing. That iLok might also contain plugin assets (maybe the factory assets) that are for the "LE" (RTAS) plugins which will authorize plugins with that version of Pro Tools. But if it's an Mbox you always install the Pro Tools 8 LE not HD software. Things change with Pro Tools 9 and later.

I cannot follow your description of what you have. Factory is a name of a product bundle including extra plug-ins, the iLok might contain a factory bungle of license assets, but you almost seem to be using factory as a synonym for iLok. What exactly are the assets that show up when you view (synchronize) your iLoks on iLok.com Cut and past that info here.

Darryl
Old 12-25-2012, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPapakonstantinou View Post
Yes you are correct it is the Pro tools HD, my apologies for not being specific. As for your question no i did not activate it as i did not have the software for it. When i picked up l.e at L.A music mississauga i helped them out and they gave me the ilok otherwise known as a factory with the license key. The Mbox 2 from it was the same model there for i had no need to buy the second device but it was previously used so everything is already stored on the ilok (Factory). The only thing i am missing in other words should only be the software for protools hd if i am correct. This is what i was instructed from the people at L.A music.

In either case thanks for your reply, it is appreciated.
Also i have just re activated my L.E for at least the mean time.
Sounds like you just need to purchase the relevant replacement disks from the Avid Store. You can access that from the Avid home page. For whatever reason they have never linked to the the AvidStore directly from the forum. Knowing exactly what assets are on the key would be helpful. Hopefully they gave you the iLok account info for the key if it was previously owned. Both PT 9 and 10 are full installers. Meaning the same installer is used for both HD and non HD. The iLok asset unlocks the HD features in software if its a HD Asset. PT9 should have the correct drivers built in. PT 10 requires a separate driver installation. You can find links to the latest updates and drivers at the top of the forum.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 12-26-2012, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunburst79 View Post
Sounds like you just need to purchase the relevant replacement disks from the Avid Store. You can access that from the Avid home page. For whatever reason they have never linked to the the AvidStore directly from the forum. Knowing exactly what assets are on the key would be helpful. Hopefully they gave you the iLok account info for the key if it was previously owned. Both PT 9 and 10 are full installers. Meaning the same installer is used for both HD and non HD. The iLok asset unlocks the HD features in software if its a HD Asset. PT9 should have the correct drivers built in. PT 10 requires a separate driver installation. You can find links to the latest updates and drivers at the top of the forum.
A Pro Tools 8 HD install disk is not going to help him run with an Mbox interface. He needs to describe exactly what he has, so far this is just a confusing ramble. ... What exact version Mbox bundle was purchased with what version of Pro Tools included. What exact license assets are in each and every iLok he has etc.

Darryl
Old 12-26-2012, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
A Pro Tools 8 HD install disk is not going to help him run with an Mbox interface. He needs to describe exactly what he has, so far this is just a confusing ramble. ... What exact version Mbox bundle was purchased with what version of Pro Tools included. What exact license assets are in each and every iLok he has etc.

Darryl
I was reading his post as he had bought a MBox with PTLE 8.0 and had aquired a ILok with the factory pack and some HD Assets. Admittedly its a bit confusing. In a different thread he mentions getting PTLE 8 installed and working.

It might just be some holiday spirits.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

Old 12-27-2012, 01:11 AM

Well the thing is the ilok came from a bundle with a mbox 2. The same one that comes with l.e. Now perhaps i may have herd wrong or they said it wrong but as far as i can tell it is a different version of pro tools. Now the interesting thing about it is for the l.e card that came with this mbox 2 has a 4 letter sticker by the serial number where the other does not. Also the box the ilok originally came from said pro tools 8 on it, where my box for my whole complete new system i bought / got separately actually indicates it is pro tools 8 l.e.

In other words it indeed could all be a confusion as i am missing many details myself and the product was separated from its disc so the license and such could be sold separate from the device i suppose they thought. And basically it is possible to do it as they did, it is basically trading labor for a item rather than money. But that is not important at the moment anyways. The main point is they did not have the disc as it was a used item and they told me or at least thought it was a different version of pro tools.

Now i looked into it vaguely and noticed there are 3 versions m-p which has a smaller m box which was not in either box i acquired a choice from, nor was it written on the boxes either. There is l.e which was written on the brand new box i had chosen and there is hd. And based off the knowledge i was given and what i had seen i figured it is most likely true. So yes it is not very detailed but if it is indeed a l.e why was it not written on the box like the one i purchased? Though i do remember reading you need a high definition card for it recently as i was looking into this the same time i made the post. I would give the information, but unfortunately that could be used for non legal things in the grasp of the wrong people.... and this is a forum not a private message haha.

Anyways thanks for the help and sorry for the confusion, as of now i am confused myself a little, but we know its one way or the other and due to logical standpoint i am presuming it is only for l.e. Let me know what you make of this.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 AM

Oh and just to be clear there were 2 box bundles. One with ilok and mbox 2 , the licenses, no manual or other paper work, no cds and only pt 8 written on the box in used condition. The other was brand new with everything including m-box 2, no ilok bundle and wrote l.e on it.

I obviously took/ bought the new one but got the used ilok bundle separate from the other system. It was a clearance thing... haha.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:24 AM

These long confused essays are not going to help. Install the iLok drivers, plug the iLoks into your computer and go to iLok.com and copy and paste the exact license strings iLok.com shows are there. For hardware or boxed product what is the exact model number and name shown on the hardware and on the package/box it came in.

I am still not understanding why you are not asking these questions of the retailer who sold this to you.

Darryl