Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 08:12 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 for Intel-based Macs

Mine doesn't work.

BOO HOO!!

Protools opens until it can't find my hardware (am using LHS port).

Have tried download again, but all I keep getting is Installation Failed - try again.

Have un-installed, disk permissioned, restarted, re-installed, still no lights on MBox2, still no open Protools.

System Profiler sees MBox2 on USB bus but System Preferences MBox2 is unable to connect. Have swapped USB leads / ports.

Any advice appreciated...

WAH!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Please calm down. This is how bad rumors get started.

PPC support is still going strong at Digi. We are currently running parallel releases and will eventually support Universal binaries.

DigiCS
Sorry guys. Not my intention to start any rumors, but this was ALL I needed to know. And with the most important piece of software in my entire studio, uncertainty is a bitch.
Thanks alot for answering my question Digi. You guys are the best, nomatter how much peopla will bitch on this user conference

Stian/Snarf

Norway
MacBook Pro i7/Apogee One/Duet/ElevenR/Pro Tools 12
Preamps from UA, Mackie and Avid.
Listening through Dynaudio, Genelec and ADAM
Old 05-31-2006, 09:34 AM

Oh well - fixed it myself. AGAIN.

Thanks Digi.

Good ol' Digi.

Four hours later, I installed each and every element of the installer seperately - application / core audio driver / digidesign plug / bombfactory plug - restarting after each one, and it seems to have worked.

Maybe I was just lucky in this download fault.

~Yawn~

At least it works.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:11 AM

I firstly would like to thank Digidesign for delivering 7.1.1 on time as promised, its good to know I can count on your word gonig into the future, so thanks Digi Design!

All is working great on my Imac exept for 3rd party plugins like amplitube 2, sampletank, Minimoog etc...

It seems to load when pro tools starts but is not avalible in the audio suite, no errors are given or registrations asked for while its starting up.

Can anyone give me some direction on this i've tried a number of things to no avail

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Best Regards
Michael
Old 05-31-2006, 11:47 AM
Administrator

All plug-ins have to be ported for Intel-based Mac compatibility. I don't believe that any of the ones that you mentioned have been yet, so they won't work.

Our Digidesign Partnering Program group is putting together a grid of third-party Intel-based Mac compatibility, which will be posted on the website as soon as possible.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:54 AM

Hi,

Nice to see that the version of ProTools for Intel-based Macs is available.
I'd just like to know what Digi recommands for the Music Production Toolkit upgrade. It was dual 2GHz G5 for the PPC version.
Is it the same for the Intel version? Dual 2GHz or is Dual 1.83 or 1.66 enough to run 48 stereo tracks?
I know faster is better, but I'd like to know Digi's testing results on that.

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:14 PM

This is what I thought at first but after researching amplitubes website they claim to fully support the intel mac, see below.

iK Multimedia has announced support of the Mac Intel Core Duo platform for all its products. April 6, 2006

amplitube and sample tank should work acording to this or is it somthing digidesign need to port?

Thanks for the fast reply.

-M
Old 05-31-2006, 05:11 PM

I've just downloaded the installer. It's not working. It gets stuck on the first installer screen. Has this happened for anyone else?

Thanks,
Duncan

iMac Core Duo 20" 2 GHz 1.5 Mb RAM
Old 05-31-2006, 05:18 PM

Further to my last post. The exact message the installer 'stalls' on is:

"Preparing Pro Tools LE 7.1.1"

"Running Application Files Installer Script"

I left it on this for around 15 minutes and it didn't resolve itself. I've tried rebooting and it was no better.

Thanks,
Duncan
Old 05-31-2006, 05:22 PM

I noticed it didn't mention anything about compatibility of Xpand! in the rapsheet of all supported plug-ins. It also wasn't listed in the list of unsupported plugs. Does anyone know if it is supported for intel macs yet and if not, when it will be?
Closed Thread