Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2001, 06:50 PM

Default How in the world am I to find my member\'s number...

without posting a thread with no significance at all, proving to be a time waster for those who read it?

Ah there it is, next to my name (too bad I had to post this crap to find out...)

Is there any way to do searches by just using member's names??? Maybe some CHANGE perhaps? Or what is the great deal about member's numbar for search purposes?

Juergen
Old 09-24-2001, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Default Re: How in the world am I to find my member\'s number...

Previously discussed here:
http://duc.digidesign.com/cgi-bin/ub...&f=46&t=000017

It's the way the bulletin board software is set up. Hopefully they will add a "search by member name" function in a future update. For now, you would have to do a search using the member name as the text search. That takes quite awhile if you search all dates, but you can first do a search by the last 30 days, then if the member name comes up you can get their number there to search previous dates.

DUC Admin
Old 09-25-2001, 11:27 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Digidesign:
It's the way the bulletin board software is set up. Hopefully they will add a "search by member name" function in a future update<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
While we're talking updates ... can I throw in two wish-list items?
1) I'd like to see Instant Graemlins and Instant UBB Codes to insert at the current cursor position, not always at the end of the text input window. (Perhaps this is a web-browser issue ... but I can ask!)

2) Speaking of searches, I'd love to be able to interrupt a search in progress and look at just the results returned so far. Perhaps the search results could be displayed as they are found. Then the search could be stopped and one of the links could be instantly clicked.

Just my $0.02
[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Kurt
Old 09-25-2001, 11:41 AM

you can search by the member's number which is better than the name.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 09-25-2001, 04:31 PM
Administrator

kcarter,

We don't have any control of how the Ultimate Bulletin Board™ software is written. It's purchased from InfoPop. (you can click on their graphic at the bottom of the DUC)
We only have admin tools to adjust settings of features that are already in the software.

I can make those suggestions on their user forum, though. There used to be a "stop search" function/link in the previous versions of the UBB software used on the DUC, but it never worked for me. If it didn't work for anyone else, then maybe that's why they removed it until they can get it to work. I'm sure they are already aware of this particular issue, because it would definitely be a desired function if it worked correctly.
Old 09-26-2001, 10:37 PM

Cool,
Thanks for caring, and thanks for the reply!

BTW, if you guys have too many problems with this service, I have found the Delphi boards to be wonderfully easy to use, very user friendly, and they accurately track threads with new messages - I don't have to wade through messages I've seen to get to the new ones, etc. Not a complaint here, just a comment.

Have a great day!
Kurt