How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2008, 08:45 AM

Default Control 24 fader issue.

Hello,

I have checked through the entire forum for an answer (sorry if I missed it), and I am sure it's just a button that is enabled or disabled, but when using the control 24 faders during mixing of a Pro Tools session, some faders will move when I touch them (this is what I want), and some are stuck in position. If I go into Pro Tools via the mouse, and move the fader in Pro Tools, the fader on the Control 24 does move to the position within Pro Tools. If I go back to the 24, the fader won't budge at all.
Is this a setting that I have enabled or disabled?
Any help would TRULY appreciated.
Thanks so much.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Control 24 fader issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcity1 View Post
Hello,

I have checked through the entire forum for an answer (sorry if I missed it), and I am sure it's just a button that is enabled or disabled, but when using the control 24 faders during mixing of a Pro Tools session, some faders will move when I touch them (this is what I want), and some are stuck in position. If I go into Pro Tools via the mouse, and move the fader in Pro Tools, the fader on the Control 24 does move to the position within Pro Tools. If I go back to the 24, the fader won't budge at all.
Is this a setting that I have enabled or disabled?
Any help would TRULY appreciated.
Thanks so much.

You might first go to peripherals and hunt for the control 24 via ethernet hunt and reestablish a sound connection with the board. If that doesn't work, try the old pref trash and database go way. Use the linke here :www.jcdeshaies.com and see if that helps. You'll have to hunt for the board again in peripherals but what the heck?
Old 09-16-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Goldberg View Post
You might first go to peripherals and hunt for the control 24 via ethernet hunt and reestablish a sound connection with the board. If that doesn't work, try the old pref trash and database go way. Use the linke here :www.jcdeshaies.com and see if that helps. You'll have to hunt for the board again in peripherals but what the heck?
Thanks so much for the reply Scott. I'll give that a try tonight.
I did forget to mention that I am using Pro Tools 7.4 LE on a pc, not a mac, and it's interfaced with a 002R.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcity1 View Post
Thanks so much for the reply Scott. I'll give that a try tonight.
I did forget to mention that I am using Pro Tools 7.4 LE on a pc, not a mac, and it's interfaced with a 002R.
Sorry to say that I don't know a lot about the rest of your setup but my gut feeling is that it has nothing to do with your problem. This is a communication problem or a corruption at some level. You should (I hope) be back in the black soon! Best of luck!!!