Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2004, 12:36 AM

Default Error 11002

Have been getting an occasional Error 11002 when playing back session of ProTools 6.4

OS 10.3.2

Is this a Quicktime movie speed error or something? Just playing through Firewire to monitor and or on the screen.

Thanks,

Greg
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 05-12-2004, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Error 11002

That’s happened here when we have brought in movies with high data rate. We have solved it by exporting compressed QT reference movies from Avid or QuickTime Pro or even using Final Cut pro reference movies.
Old 08-05-2004, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Error 11002

Hi,
I've been getting the DAE error -11002 as well. The system was working fine until I stupidly went to 6.4. I went there and updated panter to 10.3.4 and suddenly this error started happening randomly. I noticed you said you were streaming quicktime out the firewire video - me too.

Some new information for you......I had the director of my current project over this morning and he was the one who noticed that the video is skipping a frame or two every second or so and its pretty consistent. So, it makes me think the error is something to do with the video.

All of these issues only started since I upgraded. I HATE it when they say the upgrade is working fine and its not. I had to dump my old AVOption card to go to OS X and so I got a canopus, and now my bloody canopus I was essentially forced over to - by discontinued support for several thousands of dollars worth of a card - is having a problem with the latest update.

And... I spent an hour & 10 minutes on the phone waiting to talk to someone yesterday, and after another hour on the phone, they could not say what the error meant...... excuse me... digidesign created the software, so what the hell are they doing giving their errors numbers for if knowone knows what the hell it refers to when it happens!

If you hear of any suggested fix, please post it or let me know. Short of that, the new system was a was of money and an unwelcome screw up in the middle of a project.

keep up the good fight@!

yours in music

Ciaran