Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-1998, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Dissapointed !!!!!! SDII & D24

I agree with all that is said here - SDII is a firm friend to us who do classical recording especially - playlists, regions, editability are all more essential than expandability (i.e. plug-ins & extra hardware) or interface niceties. I bouhgt Peak to replace it, but really all it serves as is a plug-in interface. I cannot believe that technology which has been with the industry for so many years (the ability to precisely cut audio) is being shunted out of the marketplace. I have bought a IIsi to use my Audiomedia II on so that I still have the ability to use SDII rather than on my G3.

Perhaps digi is more interested nowadays in selling hardware than in keeping its software up to date. I would suggest that perhaps a more integrated approach to development would help sales - after all, if you change sytem every three years, who is to spend thousands on hardware when the company producing it cannot sustain even SDII?

I cna get Ferrograph parts back to 1948 here in England. I shall go back to analogue...I will!

Yours

Richard
Old 11-04-2000, 02:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Wheaton:
I hate to drone on about this, but just to drive the nail all the way in:
Make a new product. Combine the best of SDII and MLCD. Give SDII and MLCD owners an upgrade path and make the ultimate stereo TDM/DAE Sound Mastering and Editing tool. Make it fully interactive with ProTools.
An alternative: Incorporate stereo editing into ProTools (a special type of track) and add Masterlist as some kind of extension. Then we could master completely within ProTools and not have to bounce out tracks wasting Hard Drive space.

I agree...I am in favor of progress!
Digi can and MUST comply or they will suffer in the long-run...
I'm sure they have something up their sleeves...as when the masses scream loud enough, they will shout "Let them eat cake!"

------------------
Carpe Diem!Seize the Day! As if it were your last!
Observe the Masses, and Do the Opposite!
Old 11-07-2000, 05:14 AM

why is this thread still running?