How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2019, 04:21 AM

Default Heat + Complete Plugin Bundle for Subscriptions

Hi

Avid just announced that Heat and Complete Plugin Bundle will be free for all subscribers - Ultimate or Vanilla.

I have Ultimate perpetual and feel a bit peeved that Avid are hanging carrots to encourage users to go for subscription and possibly leaving their loyal customers out in the cold. Especially if this trend continues to further extras. Maybe a fairer solution would be to give Perpetual users with current support plan the same as subscribers, with extras to drop off if plan expires.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12 Win 10 Pro 22H2 Gigabyte GA-Z270 i7-7700K 32GB Ram UAD Apollo 8
Old 07-19-2019, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Heat + Complete Plugin Bundle for all subscribers

Totally agree!!
CPU: Intel Core i9-10980XE
Motherboard: Gigabyte X299X AORUS MASTER E-ATX
RAM: 64 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4
Screen card: MSI GeForce GTX 1660 VENTUS XS OC
Old 07-19-2019, 05:12 AM

Good news.

A permanent license would be a real sweetner. I should ask bigger next time

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2...&postcount=432

Anyhow, look forward to bringing the Heat!

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6
Old 07-19-2019, 08:18 AM

Well, since they already include the Complete Plugin Bundle with all Ultimate perpetual licenses anyway, all you're really missing out on is Heat.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 07-19-2019, 09:14 AM

Anyone have a link to this announcement? From what I gather here, we as Ultimate perpetual users won't get this upgrade even if we have a current support plan that costs $400 a year? Nice.
Old 07-19-2019, 09:39 AM

where is this announcement? I just installed 2019.6 but I don't see heat or the plugins, but I did read that heat is now supported on vanilla pro tools
Old 06-29-2021, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwaynedelario View Post
Anyone have a link to this announcement? From what I gather here, we as Ultimate perpetual users won't get this upgrade even if we have a current support plan that costs $400 a year? Nice.

I contacted Avid about their HEAT discrimination, but received no reply. It makes no sense to me. Ultimate Perpetual “Owners” pay ten times the cost of Vanilla up front, for the right to own our software. We purchase the Complete Plugin Bundle with those update plans, just like subscribers do with their subscriptions.

We also pay $399 per year for updates and support, which is currently twice the cost of an entire vanilla subscription. They get perks, discounts, HEAT, but we don’t?

The message AVID is sending perpetual owners, is “Sorry suckers!” Perpetual update fees, no reinstatements, no perks, no HEAT, no mercy, and absolutely no refunds! What exactly did we pay upwards of $2500 for?

We own the exact same software Ultimate subscribers “Rent” but we are essentially treated like the bottom of the barrel, because we won’t relinquish our perpetual licenses in exchange for a subscription. Ultimate subscribers get HEAT. Ultimate Perpetual don’t get HEAT.

It sounds like perpetual owners were sold a phony bill of goods.
What is the benefit of paying upwards of $2500 for the perpetual software, if owners are forced to pay for update and support plans that cost more than a subscription?

Hey, but we can surrender our licenses in exchange for a subscription that costs $200 per year more than the update plan we currently pay for.

From the minute we drop the update and support racket that everyone else gets for free, Pro Tools will only continue to work if we remain frozen in time, and never update our computer operating system. The moment we do, Pro Pro Tools stops working. Imagine paying $4000 for a new laptop, that you can never update for as long as you want to use Pro Tools perpetual license without paying through the nose for support and updates everyone else gets for free.

Instead of treating perpetual owners like bottom feeders, perhaps Avid might want to consider the following:

OS compatibility updates are typically at least one year behind any Apple OS release. It is typical for Avid users to run computers at least one or two full OS updates behind, because of severe incompatibility issues with Pro Tools. Some perpetual users still use Mojave, because of ongoing issues with Catalina and Big Sur.

Instead of forcing perpetual users into an annual update and support plans that rarely deliver on time, or as promised; perhaps it makes sense to allow perpetual users to update when OS compatibility becomes available.

Perhaps allowing perpetual users to update whenever they want, would make more sense than the current Avid business model, which is to completely abandon anyone who doesn’t feel like they are getting their money’s worth out of the support and update racket.
Old 07-19-2019, 01:02 PM

No need to get lured by heat. It's old and there is much better now. I sold one. And gave one away several years ago.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2019, 03:18 PM

Maybe why they are throwing it out there for free..... so what did you end up using that is better if you don’t mind m asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arche3 View Post
No need to get lured by heat. It's old and there is much better now. I sold one. And gave one away several years ago.

I have been of interest in it since it has come available but at AUS$700 i am looking at alternatives
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 07-19-2019, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrekcor View Post
Maybe why they are throwing it out there for free..... so what did you end up using that is better if you don’t mind m asking.

I have been of interest in it since it has come available but at AUS$700 i am looking at alternatives
Slate vtm and vmr.