Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-23-2002, 09:10 AM

Default How do I move markers with regions?

When i move a region i want all the subsequent markets to move with it. I know, look at the manual but I am here at work and am bored. I guess nothing else to post... help me people.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:41 AM

Default Re: How do I move markers with regions?

Can't do it. They are independent and you cant lock them together. The logic I think comes from post where you want to mark positions on the time line and you realy want them to stay put.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:16 PM

The only way to do it is to make a selection across all the tracks, including the area up top where the markers reside, and do a CUT (Command X). You can then paste all of this somewhere else.
Old 01-24-2002, 07:36 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by CCash:
The only way to do it is to make a selection across all the tracks, including the area up top where the markers reside, and do a CUT (Command X). You can then paste all of this somewhere else.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I saw this a while back on the TDM board and tried it. It cut it everything OK, (all audio and markers) but there was nothing to paste, it just deleted it! Have you actually had success with this?
Old 01-24-2002, 09:26 AM

I've done this by dragging in the timeline for a few measures, never the whole song though...worked like a charm, the chorus and all of the markers went with it.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:08 AM

I can cut and paste the markers and audio separately, but not together. Oh well, this is still usable for moving your session around.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:23 AM

WAIT! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]...I figured it out.

Select all the audio by highlighting in the timeline, then shift click in the marker bar, tempo bar, etc. so that "everything" is highlighted.

Hit “cut” - don’t worry...undo will fix any mistakes.

Now in your new location, make a selection from the start to end points (the end point can run over, it just needs to be long enough to include all audio and markers) select “everything” again using the above steps. Now “paste” the sukka!

The key here is that everything that was highlighted to “cut” needs to be highlighted to “paste”.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2002, 10:34 AM

The last sentence is the key. If you don't highlight all the tracks you want to paste to, PT doesn't know what to do with the extra tracks on the clipboard. It can make quite a mess of things if you don't do this. Earlier versions of PT used to be a lot less fussy - they seemed to know where to paste things even if you just dropped the cursor on one track.

One thing for the PT wish list - the ability to copy and paste between sessions. Sadly, if you close a session the contents of the clipboard are deleted. How fast would things be if that worked?!
Old 01-24-2002, 03:15 PM

Doug, this is an excellent idea! Digi take note of this feature request for future upgrades please!!