How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2019, 07:40 PM

Default Euphonix MC Control with PT 2019

Hi all,

I used to use a Euphonix MC Control 6-7 years ago with PT HD10 without any problems in a studio. Now I consider buying one of them but I wonder how they play with the recent PT versions?
Also, as I understand Euphonix MC Control has two versions, does it matter which version I get?
Also, any input for Euphonix MC Mix will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-03-2019, 07:08 AM
Avid

Default Re: Euphonix MC Control with PT 2019

Software wise the Euphonix and Avid versions are the same but be aware the old Euphonix one is not eligible for hardware support anymore.
Old 10-03-2019, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Euphonix MC Control with PT 2019

I've had a Euphonix-branded MC Control since 2010, and it still works as expected on the latest version of PT (2019.6), as well as Cubase and Logic.

Do understand that neither version of the Artist Control have been manufactured by Avid for a few years now. The Euphonix one is no longer supported at all by Avid, and the Avid-branded one falls out of support in 2-1/2 years. Depending on what you're planning on using it for, I might suggest you look at more contemporary options. The (first-gen) PT|Control app for iPad effectively mirrors the Softkeys of the Artist Control (including my custom shortcuts), and the Dock and the new S1 look like they might implement a lot of the fader and button functions. I find the faders on the Control to be very noisy, so I usually disable them, unless I want to write automation, or adjust VCAs or Groups (that don't have automation on them).