Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2023, 09:51 AM

Default Error message "Pro Tools Subscription - Import DLL CFnd.dll cannot be loaded." when t

Hello I tried to install Pro Tools 2023.3 and run it with the 30-days trial license (Pro Tools Ultimate Trial) to try it out (activated through iLok), but when I try to open Pro Tools I get the error message titled "Fatal Error - Pro Tools Subscription" with the error message:
"Pro Tools Studio Subscription could not be loaded. Please contact the software publisher for support using this software. Error details: Import DLL CFnd.dll cannot be loaded."
I have checked and the CFnd DLL does exist in multiple copies in the Pro Tools program directories (under programfiles).
I have tried uninstalling the software and removing all app keys from Windows Registry and then installing the software again both through the Avid Link application and by manually installing Pro Tools through the installer one can download from your website. Furthermore I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling vcredist 2022 both the x64 and x86 versions but nothing seems to work
I am running Windows 10 Enterprise with an Intel i7-9700k and 16 gb of RAM.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone has any idea of why this error message occurs.
Thanks in advance!
Old 06-06-2023, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Error message "Pro Tools Subscription - Import DLL CFnd.dll cannot be loaded." wh

Do you actually own a Pro Tools Studio subscription and is that also active on your iLok?

System Details
Old 06-17-2023, 03:51 AM

Default Re: Error message "Pro Tools Subscription - Import DLL CFnd.dll cannot be loaded." wh

Thanks for answering my post!:))
No I have not purchased Pro Tools but I have the 30-days trial license (Pro Tools Ultimate Trial) activated in iLok. But should it not work as if I had purchased Pro Tools as it is a trial license to try out the program?
I have attached a screenshot of how it looks in iLok for you to see:)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pro Tools Trial License iLok.jpg (58.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-17-2023, 03:53 AM

Maybe it has something to do with that it is activated in iLok cloud and not on my local machine? Unfortunately it is not possible for me to activate it locally for some reason :/