Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2011, 01:50 PM

Exclamation Avid Audio Drivers (x64) conflict with other sound devices - HELP

I'm using an MBox 2 mini, running Pro Tools 8.0.4cs2 with the Avid Audio Drivers (x64) on 64 bit Windows 7 machine. Works great. No problems with pro tools.

However, i previously used a headset mic (plug and play via USB) to talk on the phone via Google Chat plugin (similar to skype, etc...) and now it simply will not work. I tried everything.

Now, if i go into control panel, load up the installed programs, remove the "Avid Audio Drivers (x64), reboot, then my headset mic works again. It is just a simple plug and play headset mic... i don't know why it would conflict. Anyone else have this problem?

Any resolutions? For now i'm going to have to install the avid audio drivers every time i want to use pro tools, and uninstall them when i'm done. That seems silly with the age of technology we are in! haha

Any advice/help --much appreciated.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Avid Audio Drivers (x64) conflict with other sound devices - HELP

Check your settings in Google Talk. It most likely changed the sound device to the Mbox. Change it back to your Headset there.

Customize Audio Settings

The Audio settings (click the Audio option in the list on the left side of the dialog box) control how Google Talk handles audio. You have these choices:

Input - microphone or headset The drop-down list in this section enables you to choose your system's default device for your microphone or headset (this is recommended), or you can instead choose a different one. You can choose from only those options on the list. In this section, you can also choose whether to have Google Talk automatically adjust the sensitivity of your microphone to match your voice level.

Output - speakers or headset The options in this section enable you to choose which devices should be used for notifications of incoming calls and the sounds for outgoing calls. You can choose your system's default device for your microphone or headset (this is recommended), or you can instead choose a different one. For example, you might have several audio devices installed on your systema headphone as well as separate speakersand the headphone might be set as the default. If you want, you can choose to make the speakers the default device. You can choose from only those options on the list.

Unmute speaker and microphone when on a call This option ensures that your microphone and speaker are not on mute when you're making a call using Google Talk.
M-Audio Firewire 410 via Digi-Qualified SIIG FireWire 2-Port ExpressCard {NN-EC2012-S1}
Glyph 050Q 500GB via eSATA