Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2011, 10:42 AM

Default M-Powered 8 - Write on record stop?

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on here and I hope you dont mind me asking what may be an obvious question.

I have for the last two years been using a Projectmix with MPowered 7 and when I was tracking a drum kit for example I could hit stop and go straight back to where I want to punch in or listen back immediately.

Now I have mpowered 8 and im using a profire 2626. Now when I am tracking and I hit stop I have to wait for it to write the Audio files (so they go from white to solid colour) before I can hear them on playback.
When im tracking multiple channels like a drumkit this is a real pain in the ass as I want to go straight back a few bars and punch in without the drummer cooling down or losing momentum/that vibe.

Why is this different to how it used to be? Have I got something setup wrong?

I look forward to your responses, I hope you can help