Default -9129 regularly ... URGENT HELP NEEDED

Pro Tools 9.0.1
HD Native, HD Omni, HD 16x16 analog
10.6.6 Mac OS X
2 x 2.4 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon
6 GB memory
System Boots in 32-Bit
14 Cores being used, currently
RTAS Usage - Stuck at 15 - 17 % (for no great reason)
52 of 192 voices used

System Usage: 197% of CPU ...

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

I am using a very normal audio session with few plugins that are fully compatible ... namely:

1. Breverb
2. Waves
3. Amplitube (currently inactive)
4. Digi Plugs

Major Problems I am facing .....

1. I am consistently getting -9129 errors ... how much so ever I change my playback settings ... whatever I must do ... Nothing changes the case. This happens every 20 seconds of playback.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

2. Once the above happens, or during some other times with a much lower voice count session and much much fewer plugins (all compatible) ... When I try saving during playback with Apple-S - My Playback totally Freezes. Pro Tools Refuses to Playback completely ... I have to force - quit pro tools, reload ... and the problem may / may not recur. When I hit the space bar ... The Play and the Stop Button on the Transport are active together for a second and then nothing happens.

This is one of the first few sessions that I have begun on HD Native. Quite interestingly, Amplitube is a mega power sucker ... One instance will make the RTAS usage to jump to 40 - 50%.

I have used Pro Tools 8.0.3 with my other machine of the same config and 002 for over a year now ... I have NEVER EVER faced any such horrible situation as I am facing now.

My sessions would only get bigger and heavier as time progresses since this machine will be a part of a real big setup ... I dont want things to screw up on me ... Its not annoying ... its heart breaking ... and it creates Panic.

I only get -9129 errors

Edit

I have also got 9028 errors ...

... I have NO idea how to solve this nonsensical problem ... And I have a crazy habit of saving every few seconds ... not at the cost of this NEW error ...

Need Urgent Help ...

Thanks!

Last edited by Siddhant Bhatia; 01-31-2011 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Edit - 9028 errors
Old 01-27-2011, 05:35 AM

Default Re: -9129 regularly ... URGENT HELP NEEDED

Very Difficult to understand. Sometimes it works at 60% CPU RTAS usage ... and sometimes it does not work with more than 10% .. Have checked with different plugins ...

1. Multiple instances of Sonalksis EQ - 20 Instances - Works ... Until 9% CPU Usage

2. More Instances of any other plug-in added causes crash - 9129 error

3. If you add single instances of any other plug-in ... it will work.

4. I added 5 instances of the heavy T-Racks 3.0 Deluxe - It worked like a charm at 60 - 70% swaying like crazily unstable ...

Please help ... Basic Mixes are not happening.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:57 AM

How many cores you running?
Old 01-27-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddhant Bhatia View Post
Pro Tools 9.0.1

14 Cores being used, currently
This is what I'm using......... Doesnt make any sense at all .....
Old 01-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Avid

Can you zip up the AvidLogFiles folder located at MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Logs and email it to me at: vi [at] digidesign [dot] com?

Also, what types of drives are you using for record/playback?
Old 01-28-2011, 12:14 AM

Dear Tech Support (VI)!

Thanks for getting back. I have already emailed you the required details.

Interestingly ... I have used some Mega Plug-ins on my Setup ... Exact Same setup on a different MacPro machine connected to the 002 ... Pro Tools LE 9.0.1 with CPTK2

I have pushed the limits of this system WITHOUT any single error to 70% CPU usage.

There was not a single 9028 or 9129 error.

There is something definitely wrong going on with the Native HD machine. I believe HD is an upgrade ... not a system that downgrades the processing power of the host.

What could be the reasons for this?
Old 01-28-2011, 03:14 AM

Default Another Unusual Appearance ...

After letting system playback with HD Native within the 10 - 20% fluctuating CPU RTAS usage range, I am noticing something very singular ... unique ...

Every 1-3 seconds during playback, the Disc Space Meter (in the system usage window) is jumping from anywhere between 0 - 40 - 60 percent and then back to Zero Again.

This is something I have NEVER ever seen with Pro Tools. Something really funny is going on.

Siddhant
Old 01-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Avid

Default Re: Another Unusual Appearance ...

Do you possibly have Spotlight enabled on your audio drives? If so, put those drives in the Privacy panel and let me know if anything changes. I'll look at the logs as soon as I can...
Old 01-28-2011, 09:58 AM

My Audio Drive is already free from the SpotLight Scanner .... Its included in the privacy list.

You must consider this ... my other system with the 002 and LE 9.0.1 runs real smooooth. Its smooth as cream ... I have up to 70% RTAS usage without a SINGLE error ... I expect at least a 100% betterment with HD Native on my new Westmere Machine ...

What could possibly be going wrong that a machine so powerful cannot handle plugs beyond 10% usage? And here I am running LE with 002 at 70% and beyond totally flawless ....

Regards,
Siddhant

Last edited by Siddhant Bhatia; 01-28-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: edit
Old 01-28-2011, 03:51 PM
Avid

Which slot in the computer do you have the card? Have you tried it in a different slot? Do you have any other cards installed? Are you clocked internally or externally?

You probably should give your full system config info so we can see if something may stick out (I know you posted some in your first post, but we need to know more - see the Help Us Help You thread for details...).