Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-26-2006, 12:52 PM

Default Transfer PTLE project to Nuendo

Taking a few sessions to a friend's studio for some work, no clue how to transfer the files over to his Nuendo rig. Possibly clean all the unused audio we don't won't to keep in the PT session and manually important the session files into the nuendo session? Any easier way to go about this?
Thanks, Jon
Old 02-26-2006, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Transfer PTLE project to Nuendo

The easiest and fastest way is to consolidate your tracks.

- Make sure your tracks are properly named.

- Select 'All' in your Edit Groups.

- Create a duplicate playlist.(All tracks will now be duplicated since 'All' is selected in your Edit Groups.)

- Zoom out to see the whole session.

- Place your selector tool in the tracks. Hit Ctrl+A. Your entire session should now be selected from the session start to the session end.

- Hit Alt+Shift+3 to consolidate all the tracks.

- Go into your 'Audio Files' folder for the session. Click on 'Size' to arrange the files from biggest to smallest. Your consolidated files will usually be the largest and now appear at the top. They will also be all the same size.

- Burn those files to CD or save to a Firewire Drive etc.

- Import them into Nuendo.

*keep in mind that you dont even have to save this seesion with the new playlists and consolidated regions. They will still be in the Audio Files folder. Just close your session without saving.

If anyone has a faster method, then let me know. When my clients pay top 'Dough' Ray Me, they expect me to be as fast as I can with this stuff.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-26-2006, 02:22 PM

Jon - if it were me, going to nuendo - I'd likely do the following.

- Create a folder called "Import to Nuendo"
- Open Session (ie.. called "song1.pts" or "Song1.ptf") and "Save Session Copy IN"
- Check "Copy All Audio" Box
- Save session In the folder "Import To Nuendo" that you created in Step 1
- Repeat this for all of the sessions that you'll be bringing to nuendo

Once you have all of the sessions in the "import to Nuendo" folder, you need to consolodate, and clean those sessions.

- Open your session copy
- double check disk allocation (just to be sure ALL audio is referenced in the new directory)
- Remove all unused Playlists
- highlight ALL audio in timeline, from Just After the end of audio, to the session start (or audio start)
- Consolodate Audio
- Select Unused Regions
- Clear Selected
- Delete From Disk (If you hold "Alt" down while clicking this button, you won't be prompted for every file it's deleting from disk, it will delete all audio selected, with 1 single click.
- Save and close session
- Repeat for all session coppies.

This way all of your original work on these sessions in pro-tools, remains perfectly intact, you're not messing with the original sessions, just incase you made a mistake (it happens to everyone) and you delete important files from disk, that you can never get back.

You'll also not be bloating your original sessions with consolodated versions of playlists, that you don't need, possibly doubling your original project size.

everything remaining in your "Import To Nuendo" folder, can simply be "Imported to Nuendo", and will all line up, at the same start point....

No long attempts at time stamp alligning regions, etc... your consolodation, rendered everything to the same start point.

***EDIT*** Shan and I were writing at the same time, I wasn't coming from the tone of "If it were Me" regarding Shan's post, I was comming from the perspective of being the 1st reply

- MacPro 6,1 Intel Xeon E5 2.7 GHz 12-Core 128 GB 1066 MHz DDR3
- HDX II Sonnet xMacPro Server
- 16x16 HD i/o x 6
- PT 2018.10
- OS X 10.14.4
- ProTools Dock / PT Control
Old 02-26-2006, 03:10 PM

Ok, here is a slightly faster and more streamlined approach to my first post for the advanced PT user who needs the speed:

- Using the selector tool, place the playhead in any track.

- Press 'enter' then Ctrl+A (This will Select all regions in all tracks in the Edit window)

- Alt+Shift+3 (consolidates all the tracks)

- Ctrl+Shift+W then click 'Don't Save'.

- Go into your 'Audio Files' folder for the session. Click on 'Size' to arrange the files from biggest to smallest. (Your consolidated files will usually be the largest and now appear at the top. They will also be all the same size.)

- Select the first one, then hold the Shift key and select the last one. (All your consolidated files should now be selected)

- Ctrl+C those selections. Open your CD burning software or folder on your external drive etc and hit Ctrl+V to copy them to your new location.

- If you like, you can also delete the selected consolidated files from your Audio File folder. They should still be selected and highlighted so just hit delete.

- Import them into Nuendo.

Memorize the above. Practice with a click track and before you know it, you'll be flying through this like Data from Star Trek.

Keyboard shortcuts rock! Hope that helps.

Shane

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 PM

Fantastic, thanks guys.
Jon
Old 02-27-2006, 06:24 PM

What about the other direction??? I have a guy I work with who uses Nuendo and importing OMF tracks from Nuendo is not working very well...

Is digitranslator the only way.

Ross
Old 03-01-2006, 11:02 AM

Quote:
What about the other direction??? I have a guy I work with who uses Nuendo and importing OMF tracks from Nuendo is not working very well...

Is digitranslator the only way.

Ross
Do the same thing. Have him consolidate his tracks. Even when I take another session to mix from another PT user, I will only take consolidated tracks.

Shane

Old 03-01-2006, 05:42 PM

May want to have a look at this.

Cheers,
Source-Connect: brucehayward