Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2012, 03:58 PM

Default issue/bug with changing sample rates with RME card

Since around when PT10 was release, I've been having issues creating sessions at a higher sample rate than 44.1 Usually, if I try to create a session higher than 44.1 when I'm using my RME HDSPe AIO card. If I want to make a higher sample rate session I have to switch to the built-in audio card on my Mac and create the session, then switch back the the RME. I know this isn't a huge deal but it certainly would be nice if it worked like it used to when switching rates.

Usually the error I get is something like "could not complete the Open Session... command because Pro Tools could not set the sample rate to the specified value.

This happens even when my converters/clock are set to the desired sample rate.
I've tried restarting PT when this happens in a number of combinations, but the only thing that solves it is to create the session with the built-in Mac output and then revert to the RME, then it opens just fine.

To me this sounds like more of an RME bug but RME pointed me to AVID (no surprise there)...since it seems very convoluted to reach AVID customer service I'm hoping somebody here might have a possible fix or soultion.

thanks.