Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2015, 06:04 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: Ilok key says its owned by another user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAmusicprodz View Post
I'm getting the same problem here. My Ilok also says it's been 'owned by another user'. I am certain that I don't have another account. Can anyone please help me solve this?
Where did you get the iLok?

Was there a previous Avid product license on it?

Did you register that product under your name?

There is only one product that I could find registered under your name and email address, Pro Tools 11, and that license is on the iLok account you specified when registering.

That iLok account has the same email address as your product registration, so it looks like no mistake there.
Old 01-19-2015, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Paine View Post
Where did you get the iLok?

Was there a previous Avid product license on it?

Did you register that product under your name?

There is only one product that I could find registered under your name and email address, Pro Tools 11, and that license is on the iLok account you specified when registering.

That iLok account has the same email address as your product registration, so it looks like no mistake there.
Hi Bruce,

I bought the I-lok new, from a store with an activation card for Pro Tools 11. Their was no previous license on it. At the point were you drag-and-drop your license to your I-lok (in your Licensemanager) I get the message from my I-lok saying I cannot put anything on my I-lok because it's been owned by another user. Any idea on how to solve this?

Regards,
Len
Old 01-19-2015, 09:31 AM

I'm having the same problem. I bought a 10/11 HD lisence. Brought my own iLok and the seller moved to license to my iLok. Worked great when I already had PT HD 10 installed. But now I want to download PT HD 11 and need to create an acount at Avid. iLok manager says that the owner is "Another user".
Old 01-21-2015, 11:29 AM

I'm having the same problem, can you please send me info thanks!
Old 01-21-2015, 12:34 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAmusicprodz View Post
Hi Bruce,

I bought the I-lok new, from a store with an activation card for Pro Tools 11. Their was no previous license on it. At the point were you drag-and-drop your license to your I-lok (in your Licensemanager) I get the message from my I-lok saying I cannot put anything on my I-lok because it's been owned by another user. Any idea on how to solve this?

Regards,
Len
It sounds to me like the store may have sold you a returned iLok without realizing it had already been registered to an account. They should replace it with a new one.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:40 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by simen View Post
I'm having the same problem. I bought a 10/11 HD lisence. Brought my own iLok and the seller moved to license to my iLok. Worked great when I already had PT HD 10 installed. But now I want to download PT HD 11 and need to create an acount at Avid. iLok manager says that the owner is "Another user".
Pro Tools HD 11 licenses are not transferable from one iLok account to another iLok account via iLok.com. So I don't understand how the seller could have "moved the license to my iLok".

If they shipped you an iLok with the Pro Tools HD 11 license already on it, then that iLok would already be registered to another iLok account, and you would not be able to register that iLok to your own iLok account.

You need to go back to the seller for clarification, and the would also be responsible for providing you the downloads as well.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:43 PM
Admin Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiomanager993 View Post
I'm having the same problem, can you please send me info thanks!
There are 40+ posts on this thread, with different issues. So you need to be more specific about your situation.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:36 AM

Hey Bruce I have same problem my ilok continue to show error message that my ilok account is register to another user.please help cannot authorize my new plugins...
Old 03-23-2015, 11:19 AM

Hi, I have the same problem...
Old 03-30-2015, 11:58 AM

I am having the same problem! I brought a new ilok when I upgraded my computer. My pro tools works fine, but I recently brought a plug in and tried to activate it and it said I don't own my ilok. (owned by another user) I have all the same information user name password as the first ilok I owned can someone any please help me????