Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 12-10-2014, 07:35 PM

Default XMon muted

Hi,
My system is:
Avid Pro Tools HD with HDX card and 2 HD I/Os
Mac Pro 64GB Ram
Avid/Euphonix System 5 MC Pro

The problem is, while I was working on a PT project the Xmon muted itself and will not come on. I've changed out the Xmon box, the Midi Sport Uno for the Alesis MidiUSB Audio Link cable, linked the USB cable from Xmon directly to the Mac Pro, disconnected all other USB keys.........., after doing all the above and restarting the Mac Pro, Xmon, and the MC Pro either all at one time or in various combinations nothing works, the Xmon keeps starting up with the red mute light on and will not go off.

I've read manuals, gone to Avid's web site, went to other forums and nada!!

I am stuck so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you ,
Thayne
Old 02-29-2016, 06:05 AM

Default Re: XMon muted

I know this thread is real old, but I'm experiencing the same thing.

Currently using a D-Control with the XMON (6/7 years old)
3 Avid HDX Cards
Pro Tools 12.
OS X 10.10.5

Walked into the studio on Monday morning, possibly after a huge power cut as everything seems to have completely reset. The D-Control is showing the XMON On, but the mute light illuminated on both the XMON and D-Control. Hitting the mute button on the D-Control turns the light off there, but not on the XMON, hitting the mute button on the XMON changes nothing, except causes a loud pop in the speakers. Have tried fiddling with the cables and taking the top off of the XMON to give it a clean out. It's not heat related as other threads may suggest as the XMON is surrounded by nothing and feels cold. It's been running pretty consistently for the 4 years I've worked here with no problems. Any help would be marvellous!!
Old 03-13-2016, 11:29 PM

I'm surprised no one replied to this already. If I remember correctly, Avid released a paper on this a while back. I'd have to look for it.

This happens to me about once every other month. First, I check the midi assignment by right-clicking the Xmon Dock icon. If that is correct, go to the Xmon software and switch to a different output, then switch back to the original. That usually does the trick.

Usually I start the Xmon first, then start the cpu with the Xmon software second. Most of the time, this prevents issues. (And don't let your computer go to sleep)
AJA Kona LHi, Sync HD
www.ToolshedAudioPost.com
Old 03-14-2016, 03:18 PM

Sometimes selecting alt or mini speakers un mutes the xmon .