Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2014, 09:14 PM

Default PT 11.2 - Quicktime and iTunes issues!

From the PT 11.2 ReadMe file:

"QuickTime Player is not currently compatible with Avid Audio Interfaces on Mac OS X 10.8 and 10.9 (PTSW-163965)
QuickTime Player does not currently support Avid audio devices as output devices with Mac OS X 10.8. Audio will not pass through
and playback will not start. Please use an alternate audio interface for QuickTime Player, or use another software solution for playing
back QuickTime files with Avid audio devices as a workaround for this issue."

Please tell me this is going to get fixed!! I use QT and iTunes all the time, now I have to SEARCH for another solution as a "workaround"!! QT and iTunes used to work just fine with PT!! Why should we, the customer, have to spend all our time fixing something that Avid messed up?

So far I like PT 11.2, it cleared up some issues I was having. However, those issues are minor compared to now I have to use my laptop to view or listen to any Quicktime or iTunes files. I will go through this inconvenience again one more time of uninstalling/reinstalling to prior versions and waiting on Avid to get it right. I am getting more and more aggravated with Avid and looking seriously at other DAWs!!

Thayne
Old 07-14-2014, 09:37 PM

Default Re: PT 11.2 - Quicktime and iTunes issues!

And oh by the way, I've tried 6 other "workaround" applications to play QT and iTunes files and none of them work either!!

Is it so hard for Avid to do the homework and let the customers know which "workaround" apps work and which ones that don't?!!

Thayne