Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 05-30-2014, 11:24 PM

Default HD/HDX Missing HD IO

Hi,
I have the following:
Mac OS 10.8.5 12 Core 64GB Ram 10TB HD, Pro Tools 10.3.8 and 11, (2) Avid HDIOs, Pro Tools HDX, System 5 MC Pro

For some reason, not sure why, the second HD IO box is not registering with with Pro Tools. In the PT IO dialog box the Input and Output is assigned to the 2nd HD IO (B) but when looking at the Bus part of the dialog box it is showing that those channels are unavailable (N/A). All my Cue mixes are supposed to be running out the 2nd HD IO (B) box, therefore I have lost all my Cue mixes. I sure hope someone has some ideas here. I'm sure it is something simple but right now I cannot see the forest for the trees! I've attached pictures which may explain better. The files named "Old setup CTS" is from an old session that used to work. The file name with "vs" in it is the file showing the new set up on the left and the old set up on the right. Hope that explains the file naming.
Help would be very much appreciated!
Thank you,
Thayne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pro Tools New_L vs Old_R setup IO.jpg (43.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pro Tools Old setup CTS IO Bus.jpg (45.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pro Tools Old setup CTS IO Input.jpg (48.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Pro Tools Old setup CTS IO Output.jpg (47.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2014, 02:25 AM

Default Re: HD/HDX Missing HD IO

Hit Default in your I/O setup for each tab.
You may want to first select all and delete paths first.

Alternatively or for the future you can export/import your custom settings.

Deselect session overwrite.

If you still don't see all your I/O, check your hardware setup and or run the digitest to check firmware

Testing:All APFS 90% 10% Audio on HFS+(Testing 1.5 yr in)
Pro Tools U-2019.6 MacOS 10.14.6
Second boot-10.13.6 (Avid HDX-1 Omni)

(MP 5,1 / 64-Gb)
(Sapphire RX-580 MacVCEdition, 3-Displays)
MOTU FW-CoreAudio (for poly recording)
(SSL-HUI-MIDI over IP)
----
music-design-creation
Post Music-Sound mixing, Production-Enhancements.

Audio Tuning and System Services
----
Old 06-03-2014, 09:33 PM

Default Re: HD/HDX Missing HD IO

Hi DetroitT,

I appreciate your help but after trying what you said and it still didn't work it got me to rethinking the whole situation.

I have 2 Avid HD IO boxes A and B. A is the only one that is linked via a patch bay for "manual" in and out connections. The B box is hardwired to the XMon box, my speakers (main, alternate, and surround sound) and my monitor system (control room and headphones (Cue mix)). Since I was not getting any sound from my headphones the light finally went on. The B box is also hardwired to the Ext portion of my PreSonus HP60 headphone amp. I must of had a brain freeze because I was trying to use the A & B sides of the PreSonus when I should have been using the Ext knob instead. Feeling rather like an idiot but at least it is fixed!!

Again, thank you for lending a hand it is very much appreciated!
Thayne