Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2010, 02:36 PM

Default Pro Tools Freezes In The Middle Of Launching. PLEASE HELP ME!

A serious problem in which I seriously need help:
When I try to launch pro tools, with my monitors on, mbox connected, etc. It freezes in the middle of Launching. Lately it has been freezing at "Reading Preferences", before it said something like try again with mbox connected (with mbox actually connected) and I click okay numerous times and it won't go away. Before it has stopped and a message has came up saying "DAE error - 1115 was encountered" when I would click x or okay pro tools would close. But most importantly it has been freezing at reading preferences most recently. and for this I try going to task manager and the pro tools window wont close and a thing keeps coming up saying "This program is not responding" so my only option is to restart my computer. But here's the twist. Every once and a while I attempt to launch pro tools and it launches with no problem whatsoever. I cant recall doing anything differently from when most of the time pro tools freezes when launching. I never have any other windows up, or anything like that. Regardless, I cant go on living like this. Please help me. I've been going through this crap for weeks and I don't know what else to do.

All of my setup information is on my account which you can click on.

Thanks
-Dean
Old 09-08-2010, 02:54 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Freezes In The Middle Of Launching. PLEASE HELP ME!

Do you have Internet Explorer 8 installed?

Sticky: Tech Alert - Installation of Internet Explorer 8 may cause Pro Tools to not launch.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:56 PM

*sigh*

Thank you for including information about your system in your profile. It's more than most people do. Unfortunately, it is still not enough information for us to begin troubleshooting your system.

If you would, please read the post titled "Help us help you -what you need to know before posting" and follow the instructions there for posting the details that we need.

Without more specific information, anything would be a guess, and most of those guesses would be covered in the General Troubleshooting thread.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 09-10-2010, 06:05 PM

I use google chrome for internet always. but I do have internet explorer installed on my computer. Even though i don't use it, what should I do?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:19 PM

If it's IE8, do what the information in the link supplied by JMS40 suggests.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction