Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 11-13-2020, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Why get hybrid mode if on hdx?

I don't think prosumer is the right term exactly. It looks to me like you could run a small commercial studio with Carbon. 24 channels of input is arguably enough to track a band live off the floor. It should be enough to run an entire session that size on the mix engine on the HDX chips, which means rock solid full low latency monitoring. As a small studio owner still running an HD Accel system, I'm waiting to learn all the details.

Last edited by Philthy; 11-13-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-13-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emi View Post
Actually it´s not that bad, If you take in to account that you get a Pro tools ultimate perpetual licence and some really good plugins (Melodyne) in the package.

If I wouldn´t have had a complete studio and have to start from 0, this is actually a pretty good deal.

The interface would be arround 1000€ and comes with some great converters and preamps. Maybe they will give the option to only buy the interface alone.

Just saying...
you dont get "ultimate".. just crippled"

Ventura ,PT 2022.10, MacbookPro 13"[2020] M1 16G, Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3..SSL Sigma summing, SMART Comp C1LA, CharterOak EQP-1 Oceanway Audio HR4S monitors . SSL X-Rack w XR618 compressors, dbx 160x [2]
Old 11-13-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectifried View Post
you dont get "ultimate".. just crippled"
So if you need the ultimate features you can buy ultimate. A lot of people won't need ultimate (I would though, unless they brought the trim automation lane to standard?) I wish Avid would sell 2 tiers of this, tack on another $500 for ultimate version upgrade or something.
Old 11-23-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-tone View Post
You might need the hybrid mode with HDX if you are running up against its limitations, not just in voice count, but when it runs out of DSP for the mixer and will not let you add more sends, for example.

Running a test 96K session with 192 tracks, each with 10 sends to 10 different busses (no plug ins), it runs everything with no problem when using native playback engine. However, when using HDX1, the same session maxes out at 128 voices and also does not allow the last 2 sends to activate on all tracks starting at track 12, even when running only 128 tracks instead of 192.

Having the ability to offload some DSP functions to the computer to run natively could potentially really increase the power of an HDX system.
YES EXACTLY. I have a loaded TCAN n it’s all like hey buddy let me help u. I’m balls deep in a session after months with hdx to find out I canT keep working. AVID GET THIS OUT ASAP. PLEASE!!!!! OMG YES. Let me test it for u. Dm me

Last edited by UltimateUser1; 11-23-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Old 11-25-2020, 01:58 PM

They also mentioned core compliant-like behavior.
An HD system able to iTunes at the same time?