Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2020, 06:05 PM

Default Re: ProTools with wireless headphones + Bluetooth codecs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Still not enough info about what you are doing. Are you are playing a VI inside Pro Tools? From a MIDI keyboard? or recording analog audio from an external keyboard? Using Pro Tools to play backing tracks only and say not recording anything into pro Tools? Or using some other app to play percussion or backing music while you record MIDI? or analog keyboard? into Pro Tools?

Specifically why do you need Soundsource? Very few people need to use that. Are you say using separate VI software (what one?) and want to track that into Pro Tools via Soundsource (and why?) Are you having to do that for the audio quality isseus at the start of this thread?

And especially if you are just playing through a Pro Tools VI you don't need any of this... no aggregate, no Soundsource, nothing. Just set the bluetooth headphones as the playback engine.

Edit: and even if you need more, start by getting the headphones running directly from Pro Tools as the playback engine and confirm that works. Do you have audio quality issues?

As for the aggregate device I'm not followign what you are having problems with. If you are not sure how to add devices to an aggregate look that up online/youtube etc. I am sure there are lots of tutortials. A common point of confusion can be with devcies that say are not powered up/paired with the Mac and so won't appear in the list of devices you an add to an aggregate. Or post screenshots of Audio-MIDI setup if things are not behaving as you expect them to.
Yes, I'm using xPand2 via an Akai MPK261 controller. All I want is to be able to practice my keyboard routine wirelessly - that's it. Initially I was able to select my bluetooth headphones in Playback Engine, but for some reason that's no longer the case and I can't figure out why. Looking more into this has only confused me more, and I feel like the solution is either much simpler as you indicated, or not possible. Thanks for the help so far.