Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 01-24-2020, 12:07 PM

Default plugin scan question

I have a ton of waves plugins. I also use Pro tools on my fathers computer occasionally ( and on my laptop here and there but not often ). I have to transfer licenses back and forth from computers every time ( PITA ). I do not use his computer often anymore, but he complains about the scanning part and the messages looking for them. Is there a way to get pro tools to bypass this scan so I don't have to completely uninstall them and reinstall them for the once in a blue moon I am on his mac?

He uses pro tools 19...or whatever is the new one
I use pro tools 12.1 ( not gonna pay $400 penalty to get updates again )
I-7 Processor
16 GB or ram
2 Terabyte Glyph GPT 50
Fast Track Ultra 8R
Eleven Rack
Mackie universal control pro w/2 extenders, M-Audio trigger finger pro, Presonus monitor staion, Tannoy monitors, Lindell preamps/EQ's/Compressors, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:13 PM

Default Re: plugin scan question

They are either there or not. But you don't have to manually run an uninstaller and installer, you could manually move the relevant .aaxplugin files out of the plugin directory and put them back when needed. Write a script to do that. Better probalbly you only do that if you know what you are doing/can write that script yourself, if not just sitting and watching the plugins load may be better.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:17 PM

Once you start PT and it finds you have installed plugins which you do not have a license, it asks if those can be moved to unused plugins folder. Just say ok and that is it. Later you can move them back to the active plugins folder.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Once you start PT and it finds you have installed plugins which you do not have a license, it asks if those can be moved to unused plugins folder. Just say ok and that is it. Later you can move them back to the active plugins folder.
Just be careful that the plugins you care about are moved and you know what they are and can put them back. Sometimes folks have lots of garbage in the unused folder, sometimes without realizing it.
Old 01-24-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Sometimes folks have lots of garbage in the unused folder, sometimes without realizing it.
That is another story