Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2017, 06:39 AM

Default Waves plug in and issues

I have the mercury budle up to date. Some waves plug ins work like a champ and some have a hard time loading and bog down pro tools. Example off the top of my head is some of the Krammer plug ins do this? Anyone know how to make this stop?
Old 07-31-2017, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Waves plug in and issues

This could be a video driver issue, and it seems to reveal with plugins like Kramer Tape because of animated reels. Once I had similar issue, I asked Waves tech support, they recommended updating my video driver from the manufacturer site, and it helped.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:25 AM

Default Re: Waves plug in and issues

Currently I'm having an issue where none of their applications is loading properly, like GTR or Element. They all seem to want me to tell them whereto Waves plugins folder is. I point it out, but the app ignores it and just keeps asking.

Meanwhile, the plugins work fine.

I've had to get on to tech Support about this, despite some of my efforts to debug the issue. It's still a work in progress.

As a response to the original issue here... When you say updated Mercury do you mean you have reinstalled every single plugin??

Another thing you can try is somewhere in the User folder is the Waves Cache files, you could try deleting those. I don't know where they are on the PC, but on the Mac its in the User/Caches/Waves folder