Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 03-16-2016, 10:31 PM

Default Software Missing Many Cabs, Amps, Etc?

Hey everyone. I think I'm educated enough with my 11R now that I won't sound like a 'complete' idiot here. My 11R is on firmware 2.0.1.

I've done nearly all my control of the 11R via the on screen editor so far. Then, I was watching a video of a guy making some tones, and I noticed his editor shows several more amps, cabs, FX, speaker breakup option, etc. I've confirmed that the "missing" mods are installed on the 11R hardware, so I can only assume my editor is outdated, or otherwise corrupt somehow.

Any suggestions?
Old 03-16-2016, 10:37 PM

Default Re: Software Missing Many Cabs, Amps, Etc?

Well.... what exact "on screen editor" are you using? Kind of the leading piece of information and you don't tell us.

The current stand alone editor supports all the features of the Expansion Pack/Firmware 2.0.

Older editors built into Pro Tools 8 and 9 (IIRC) prior to the expansion pack don't. That is why the expansion pack from Avid included updates to those plugin files for Pro Tools, as well as the update to firmware 2.x itself.

Other problems try trashing prefs, or reinstalling the stand alone editor.

if you are still on Pro Tools 9 as your profile indicates, either upgrade the Eleven Rack control plugin in Pro Tools (from an expansion pack installer) or use the latest stand alone editor.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:49 PM

lol... ok... Well, I guess I didn't know to share which editor I use. I had heard there was a stand-alone, but didn't think I needed it. Yes, I'm in PT 9.0.5

I assume I find the stand-alone editor on avid's site. Hopefully it still functions with Protools the way I need it to. I'll have to see if my ancient OS will even install it...
Old 03-16-2016, 10:51 PM

actually, if I could just update the Protools editor, that'd likely work better for me.... Darryl, do you know how to go about that? I don't see anything about it. (I'll be surprised it it'll work on my OS though)

Last edited by Alien Frequency; 03-16-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Frequency View Post
actually, if I could just update the Protools editor, that'd likely work better for me.... Darryl, do you know how to go about that? I don't see anything about it. (I'll be surprised it it'll work on my OS though)
Did you upgrade the Eleven Rack using the expansion pack? Still got the installer handy? You need to follow the instructions that came with it for updating the editor. But since the editor there is all implemented in Pro Tools RTAS plugin code you just need the set of the new "Eleven*UI.dpm" files. See the list here. http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=297402

I cannot recall if Avid ever provided any way to obtain those .dpm updates if you do not have the installer. The packaging of this whole thing was an overcomplicated cock-up by Avid. And the Pro Tools update and firmware update should have just been separate installers. Worse case you can get those .dpm files off somebody who has the expansion pack installer.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:20 AM

ERXP Download
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en425171

Just run the first part since you seem to already have the ERXP on your 11R.

To make sure you have the ERXP on the 11R you can check the Firmware version.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:21 AM

Here is the standalone editor if you want it too

http://connect.avid.com/eleven-rack-editor.html
Old 03-19-2016, 11:47 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah, I bought my 11R, factory sealed, from eBay in 2015. I installed from the disk that came with it, so it seems strange to me that the disk wouldn't be current. On Avid's site, it looks like the editor was last updated in 2012. So, who knows how long my 11R sat on a shelf.

Anyway, I tried installing the within Protools editor, and it wants to know the serial# and "System ID". The serial# is self explanatory, but what is the System ID or where do I find it? I tried some random things I found in my paperwork, but I was just grasping at straws.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Frequency View Post
Thanks guys. Yeah, I bought my 11R, factory sealed, from eBay in 2015. I installed from the disk that came with it, so it seems strange to me that the disk wouldn't be current. On Avid's site, it looks like the editor was last updated in 2012. So, who knows how long my 11R sat on a shelf.

Anyway, I tried installing the within Protools editor, and it wants to know the serial# and "System ID". The serial# is self explanatory, but what is the System ID or where do I find it? I tried some random things I found in my paperwork, but I was just grasping at straws.
As I said, only run the first part. You do not need to run the second section where you input a SN and ID.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
As I said, only run the first part. You do not need to run the second section where you input a SN and ID.
Gotcha. When you were saying "the first part", I was expecting there to be more to it. So, it seemed to me that it wasn't even letting me get to the 1st part, because all I really did was DL the file, open it and accept the terms. I was expecting it to be at least a 'little' more complicated than that.

I checked in Protools and everything is there now. I may try the standalone later.

Thanks guys!