Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 02-07-2012, 12:11 PM

Default HD1/2/3 with rtas = HD native

Hello,

as I allready post I will update my gear. And I have a question, does an old (!) HD TDM system (1, 2 or 3) with rtas plugin will be the same performance as a hd native + the option to use tdm plug on aux bus for exemple, or real monitoring with tdm plug while tracking... ?

Also with HD TDM card can I use AAX native plugin?

A last question PT11 will be not compatible with blue interface right? what about the card if i use another interface (apogee...) ?

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration

Nick
Old 02-08-2012, 07:41 AM

Default Re: HD1/2/3 with rtas = HD native

From what AVID says HD 11 will not be compatible with the BLUE interface,s I don't think HD10.1 is compatible now. If you have HD10 yes AAX native plugs will work on HD cards but, TDM plugs will not work in HD10 unless you use them as rats or native not sure the proper terminology but thats the way it goes I think.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio View Post
From what AVID says HD 11 will not be compatible with the BLUE interface,s I don't think HD10.1 is compatible now. If you have HD10 yes AAX native plugs will work on HD cards but, TDM plugs will not work in HD10 unless you use them as rats or native not sure the proper terminology but thats the way it goes I think.
HD10 supports TDM plugs on HD cards and RTAS & AAX native plugs. You need an HDX card to use AAX DSP plugs. HDX cards do not support TDM plugs.
Pro Audio Sales/Consulting
http://www.audiolot.com

Follow AudioLot on Facebook
Old 02-08-2012, 02:01 PM

Thanks guys for reply...

A point that's stay unclear (for me) did avid said that hd tdm card will be not compatible with pt11 ?
Old 02-08-2012, 06:49 PM

yes, in 11 HD cards are dead; AAX only, no TDM or RTAS
blue interfaces are unsupported (I'm assuming dead)

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

PT11 System Requirements link http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/C...m-Requirements

Thank you,

Craig
Old 02-08-2012, 11:52 PM

Blue interfaces are "unsupported" which (afaik) means they are not tested officially, and if a person finds something that is not working they are not going to put effort into fixing the issue.

It does not mean that we know for sure they won't work. Think about those black MIX interfaces. The last PT version that supported MIX cards was 6.4.1 and the interfaces continued working until 8.0.1 (last PPC version). Now we know that last PT version supporting HD cards will be 10.x

...and I would assume interfaces continue working for the foreseeable future. It's just that PT might see them as 3rd party interfaces, but hey...