Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-28-2002, 05:53 AM

Default Capture video and audio together.

My setup recipe
protools mix core 24 with ver 5.1.1
1 x g4 mac 9.2 os ( 1 x 18 gig audio drive inter
1 x 40 gig video drive inter
1 x 888 interface
1 x hui
1 x aurora fuse capture card with ver 2.02 driver
Midi unit - roalnd UM 2
Generic Time code reader - Rosendahl WIF
Adobe premiere 5.1 le
" I cannot get protools to record audio while digitizing video..either through the aurora media graber or adobe at the same time .I have tried limiting data rate to 600mb per sec...setting quality to 80% and using motion jpeg a compression.....all these setting WORK on an older system running protools mix core 24 with ver 5.0.1 on a ** G3 **.I keep getting the error " Your pci bus is far to busy to communicate reliably with your dae "
Again i have treid to increase my audio h/w buffer
to 1024 and increase the cpu percent usage to 75 % with no luck >>>
PLEASE could some one help ......
Old 10-28-2002, 11:34 AM

Default Re: Capture video and audio together.

In Premiere, limit data rate to 500mb, select the Fuse codec, set the frame size to 320 x 240 and check "constrain". These are the settings I use with my Miro card, so maybe someone with the fuse can give more accurate info.

You should be able to digitize video with Premiere, and audio with Pro Tools at the same time. I have done this several times with my setup, but I prefer to do them seperately because if one fails, I have to do them both over again.
karenbasset@hotmail.com
http://www.boomchic.com
Old 10-28-2002, 02:15 PM

One more reason for firewire DV converter. I used to always import video and audio seperately. I have had no problems recording audio/video together with the Canopus. Then import audio from movie into session. Canopus will only capture audio at 48k. Not a problem though. PT automatically will convert when you import if your session is not 48k.
Old 10-28-2002, 09:53 PM

Echoing Shadowbox. I finally went DV about a month ago & definately no going back. Also wanted to give a little plug for HACK TV - a simple & great little app for simultaneous video & audio capture, with no 2 gig limitation - v. important once you go DV. Echofire is worth the extra cost for us mix users not to have to hold our breath for digi. I believe it's actually also better than the built-in DV Firewire in PT 5.3.1 as it handles flicker better.
Old 10-30-2002, 04:40 PM

You will not be able to do this on a G4. According to Digi, they designed the MIX cards based on the PCI bus of the older 9600 motherboards. The HD cards are designed to take advantage of the PCI bus design of the G4's.
We have had no problems on G3's or accelerated powermacs. Try it on a G4 and you will get PCI bus errors. Have only been able to do audio and video captures simultaneously 1 time out of 20 and thats with a limited extension set and all the tweaks that Digi recommends. G4 chokes on this.
Old 10-30-2002, 11:14 PM

glenwoodedit,

Geez, I didn't know this, I just put my Mix system and Miro card in my new G4 dual 1 ghz (from my 9600) and I haven't tried digitizing audio in Pro Tools, and video in Premiere at the same time, yet. Guess this is a good heads up!

Can't wait to go DV as soon as Pro Tools 6 for OS X comes out. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
karenbasset@hotmail.com
http://www.boomchic.com