Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-22-2009, 11:52 PM

Default Re: Corrupt Pro Tools 8 ZIP File

sorry yes I am unzipping the entire folder before trying to install.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:51 AM

These are the errors that are coming up. Same as jason on page 1 of this thread.
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\data2.cab. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Mini Grand\Mini Grand.big. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Structure Free\01 Studio Drums.patch. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Structure Free\25 Finger Bass.patch. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Structure Free\49 Hybrid Dry N Warm Pad.patch. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Structure Free\60 Sync Attack.patch. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\Jason Boland\Desktop\Pro_Tools_LE_v8_56243.zip: CRC failed in Pro Tools LE\Pro Tools LE Installer\Xpand2\XPand2.big. The file is corrupt
I've tried everything that solved his probl;em and hasn't worked for me.
Anybody and ideas
Old 07-23-2009, 09:29 AM
Avid

What kind of internet connection do you have? Are you possibly downloading wirelessly? Do you have any hubs, routers or switches between the modem and your computer? Where on your computer (the entire file path) are you saving the downloaded files? Have you tried downloading to a different location on your computer or using a different computer entirely?
Old 07-24-2009, 06:19 AM

I have a router but have never had a problem downloading anything else at all. I have partitioned one hard drive into 2 and am saving it onto the clean one. I have downloaded the link twice to trying to different locations each time and each time the exact same errors have ocurred. Should i download to any other specific locations? I have not tried downloading it to another computer should i try and find somewhere to do that and get back to you?
I've tried the avid support and sent 2 cases and niether have been replied in over 13 days so I don't really want to do that again. I understand the load of support that goes on and take that into account but if you could get back to me with what you think that would be great. cheers.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Tried unpacking on other computers and disabling norton etc still havnt found a solution to the problem.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:50 AM

Maybe Digi could send it via DigiDelivery?
That's what eventually worked for me.

ScottedogStudios on ReverbNation
Old 08-04-2009, 08:09 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnd100 View Post
I have a router but have never had a problem downloading anything else at all. I have partitioned one hard drive into 2 and am saving it onto the clean one. I have downloaded the link twice to trying to different locations each time and each time the exact same errors have ocurred. Should i download to any other specific locations? I have not tried downloading it to another computer should i try and find somewhere to do that and get back to you?
I've tried the avid support and sent 2 cases and niether have been replied in over 13 days so I don't really want to do that again. I understand the load of support that goes on and take that into account but if you could get back to me with what you think that would be great. cheers.
Do you have the confirmation numbers from those cases?

I'm going to have someone send you an installer via DigiDelivery. Would you like it sent to the email address in your profile?
Old 08-04-2009, 10:08 AM

The problem you are encountering has nothing to do with the software you are using to open it. You are more than likely having errors because you are using an outdated browser. Download IE 8 and you should be ok. Still, when the download box appears on your my digi page, click "click here" instead of "download." Then click "save" and not open. After you save it, open it.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:36 PM

I've looked through the emails I got sent after sending the cases and the only number really there that looks like they might be a confirmation number is the case number. It doesn't say anything about a confirmation number but the case numbers are as follows:
pro tools 8 upgrade problems installing [Case : 00892692]‏
and also case [Case : 00901378]‏
If you could send something to my email adress johnduncan19@hotmail.com that would be grand.

(Also for the comment from Shac I did those things too)
Old 08-07-2009, 07:25 PM

just a question regarding how long the digi delivery normally takes. When downloading with the manager it took about 13 hours to get the 3GB but this (digidelivery)has been going for about 24hours. When I went to bed it was half way done and now that Im up I've checked it again and it seems to have gone backwards being only a qaurter done and there is now 22hours to go.
Is this normal? Feel a bit silly constantly asking questions on this forum but i'm pretty desperate to just get this working.