Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-20-2008, 10:53 PM
Banned

Default Re: Corrupt Pro Tools 8 ZIP File

Make sure you have the latest WINRAR. I had an old version on my Studio machine and got the errors but I had the latest version on the internet machine and there were no problems.
Cheers
Old 12-28-2008, 11:44 AM

I have a similar problem . I'm on windows xp and the Pro Tools LE v8 will not download from my DIGI account. It always states 'invalid or corrupted'.
All other downloads listed eg Melodyne download okay.

I have contacted their support dept and await their reply.
I will ask for a refund or DVD to be sent.

Digidesign must be be severely criticized for yet again issuing a new product which is far from ready.

yours in disgust, saul
Old 12-28-2008, 01:02 PM

I had corrupt files from the MPT2 update and PT8. I have Hughesnet with the FAP so i used my laptop(vista ultimate) at a friends house to download all of it. I got home and i couldn't install pt8 and the unpacking of mpt2 stopped itself due to errors.

I have tried unpacking on three different machines, several down loads, and always used an external drive to transfer the files from my laptop to the Studio(i use a clean xp sp2 for all things audio/video, but i do have a copy of Vista Ultimate installed on a dual boot, but i have't updated to pt on vista yet still 7.4 cs 8(tyan quad 2214 4g ram) desktop. after wasting much of two days around the holidays and trying everything i could think of i proceeded to transfer the files over my network to the desktop and then unpack them there.

IT FINALLY WORKED!

Anywho, is it odd that i feel great that i finally figured out the trick to making it work?
AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN...

I don't know if i use it because it makes me feel smart that i can get it to work or if it is actually that much better than the competition....

Hopefully digi will repack it with additional installer packs so we don't have to spend tons of time looking for all of our plugin/mp3 option/etc updaters.

Maybe digi could send all of us a hard-copy of all of it for our trouble. I don't need a fancy box ~ just something that is foolproof; actually digi could pack it in a shoe-box for all i care.

On a brighter note, i really like it so far. It needs some work but i feel it is moving in a better direction...

Derek
Zalman 9900 LED
Readeon HD 4650
6 tb storage
WIN 7 x64 Ult
PT9
002 Console, 11R, Profire 2626, Jamlab
MPT2(wtf?)
HP DV7-3188cl
i5
320g 7200rpm hd X2
Siig xpress 1394
6 gig ram
(disabled g105 and acpi
Old 12-28-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalon saul View Post
I have a similar problem . I'm on windows xp and the Pro Tools LE v8 will not download from my DIGI account. It always states 'invalid or corrupted'.
All other downloads listed eg Melodyne download okay.

I have contacted their support dept and await their reply.
I will ask for a refund or DVD to be sent.

Digidesign must be be severely criticized for yet again issuing a new product which is far from ready.

yours in disgust, saul
I went to MyDigi this morning, just to check, and it downloaded fine.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5 HDX
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-28-2008, 03:18 PM

Hi, This is my first post .... I'm a new PT user, bought 003 factory + micro 1st week of December, to go with my Dual Xeon PC and mac book pro.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I too had problems d/ling the amnesty upgrade pt8 installers, both mac and pc, tried several times, but would always be corrupt on trying to extract from the zip or dmg. Smaller ones were ok, but problems were with the pt8 and mpt2, and the bigger BFA Loops downloads. I d/led only using my pc, not my mac, then transferred the mac files over.

Eventually I tried d/ling to a location with fewer letters in the folder structure - C:\Temp\ instead of E:\Software\Mac\Pro Audio\Digidesign\Pro Tools 8\ ....you get the picture .........and the files downloaded and then extracted correctly first time using that location.

So I wonder whether the problem that people are having is down to some limitation on maximum filename length when taking account of the folder structure. I have encountered this in the past on pcs with certain zips, so that's why I tried it. I'm kicking myself that I didn't just try moving the previously d/led files to C:\Temp to see if they would extract ok there. I re-downloaded the files, so I can't be 100% certain whether the original downloads were ok.

Anyway, as this may be significant for people, I thought I'd share my experience.

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering, I'm only a newbie to Pro Tools, I've been using sequencers since Steinberg's Pro 24 on the Atari ST and have been using Cubase since V1. My interest in PT stems from starting a degree in music production as a mature student, and PT is used in the school's studios, so I need to learn it.

Cheers,

Nigel
Old 01-09-2009, 04:30 PM

First post, hi!

I have succesfully downloaded the "Pro Tools M-Powered 8 Installer (Windows)" file twice via the Digidesign downloader and both times I have tried to Extract it, it says Either multipart or corrupt Zip archive.

I am now 75% complete on download no.3 using the standard windows downloader. Fingers crossed!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:56 PM

Darn it. 3rd time failed so I downloaded the latest Winrar V3.8 and SUCCESS!!! Extracting now...
Old 07-22-2009, 04:06 AM

I have the same problem.
data2. cab and several others are not extracting from the upgrade download to pro tools 8.
I have the latest version of winrar.
The files are not "read only"
Can anybody help with some information about how I can fix this problem.
I share internet with 4 other people and downloading 4GB again just isnt on the cards.
So upsetting after getting so excited about using the latest version.
Have contacted digidesign support twice and havn't received a reply for 12 days. I can't work out whats wrong either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnd100 View Post
I have the same problem.
data2. cab and several others are not extracting from the upgrade download to pro tools 8.
I have the latest version of winrar.
The files are not "read only"
Can anybody help with some information about how I can fix this problem.
I share internet with 4 other people and downloading 4GB again just isnt on the cards.
So upsetting after getting so excited about using the latest version.
Are you unzipping (using WinRAR) the entire download folder before trying to install, or are you getting an error when unzipping?

Quote:
Have contacted digidesign support twice and havn't received a reply for 12 days. I can't work out whats wrong either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
How have you contacted us, exactly? If it was an email support request, can you give me the confirmation number you would have received after your submission?
Old 07-22-2009, 04:13 PM

I have downloaded the whole thing 100% and when unzipping using winRaR I am getting errors.

I have a broken phone at the moment and contacted you through email.
The case number is "Case : 00892692"

Maybe there is a simple solution to this problem and I apologize if there is I'm quite new to computers but any help would be grand. cheers