Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 08-14-2018, 06:37 AM

Default Changing the default option to 'rename clip only' when renaming imported file

Hi everyone,
For as long as I can remember when Ive imported a file into PT from Soundminer Ive always been given the option 'rename clip only' as default meaning after re-naming I click enter and it doesn't change the name of my original audio file.

For some reason in the past weeks when I now import a file and rename that file the button for 'name clip and disk file' is the default option. This has led to me accidentally renaming half my sfx library without knowing.

Does anyone know if there is a way to select the default so that every time the dialog box opens 'rename clip only' is selected.

Thanks everyone!
Old 08-14-2018, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Changing the default option to 'rename clip only' when renaming imported file

I think that this is a preference in soundminer if I remember. It's something along the lines of copying the clip into session or 'adding' it from your library, which sounds like is what is happening if you have been renaming your source library.

Can't remember the menu or preference off the top of my head, but hope this helps somehow.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Changing the default option to 'rename clip only' when renaming imported file

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I think its a PT thing. It happens whenever I try and import any file whether its from soundminer, the desktop or an external drive. I just dragged a random audio file I had sat on my desktop and it did the same thing
Old 06-26-2020, 10:49 PM

Sorry for resurrecting this rather old thread, but the problem stays the same. I wonder if there is an option to change the default renaming mode to "name clip only" which would save me tons of clicks for preparing foley sessions.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothys_monster View Post
Sorry for resurrecting this rather old thread, but the problem stays the same. I wonder if there is an option to change the default renaming mode to "name clip only" which would save me tons of clicks for preparing foley sessions.
I'm dealing with this right now for a Foley session, and it's definitely a lot of extra clicks. Has anyone figured out how to change the default?