Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2004, 06:02 AM

Default control 24 losing connection w PT

I just purchased the control 24 and PT HD2 and i am already having communication issues with the control surface. I lose connection with the session and i have to restart. PT's freezes up when i use the jog wheel and i have to restart..Under the Peripherals menu i lost the setup...I had to add the CNT 24 back into the menu.
What is up with the Control 24?? does anyone else have these issues..?? Is it a cable problem? This a brand new system, there shouldn't be major problems and this is a major problem...not too good when the client is there!!
Any ideas??
Glyph GT103 FW drive
Internal SATA
192 I/O
Old 01-29-2004, 07:13 AM

Default Re: control 24 losing connection w PT

Do you have an active internet connection on the computer to which the C|24 is connected? With my system I connect to the internet via a wireless USB client. Whenever the wireless client is connected/active PT isn't able to communicate with the C|24. So I disconnect the wireless client before I launch PT -- and all is good.

My theory/guess is it has to do with "normal" TCP/IP being present along with Digi's proprietary "network" protocol they use in their ethernet control surfaces, causing confusion for PT.

HTH,

Brian
Old 02-01-2004, 05:55 PM

If it is cause of the Internet, try installing a 2nd ethernet card for your network (if you have the spare slot, of course). It works GREAT! Am able to access our FX network and email while a session is open and the C24 doesn't miss a beat. I do get the 6.2.2 glitch that says "PT has lost communication with the C24, please recycle power on unit" (or something like that. Just click OK and everything's fine, don't have to restart the board.
IMDB
LinkedIn
Old 02-02-2004, 08:23 AM

Hey thanks for the replies..unfortunately its just a direct connect from the cnt24 to the mac( but im looking to hook it up to the internet.)...it is a G5 though..could it be some sort of compatibility issue ? i'm using the required oSX version from digi...
Glyph GT103 FW drive
Internal SATA
192 I/O