Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2003, 08:06 PM

Default how to reduce the length of a song!

I hope I explain this clearly....

I use a drum machine to lay down a MIDI click track and ascratch drum track. Once I get a couple measures of click and drums recorded I use the repeat command to add more measures (saves time). Since I generally don't know how long the tune is going to be when completed I tend to add maaannnny more measures than I would need. I then record the click and scratch drums to audio. I am then ready to do the basic tracks for the rest of the instruments.

Once I get the format of the tune down and some basic tracks recorded I know how many measures I actually need. I then highlight the unneeded measures of click and drums and delete.

I then bounce to disk. While the tune itself is about 4 minutes the length of the tune being bounced is 16 minutes. It must have something to do with the extra measures I added and then deleted. It is like PT still sees the deleted measures. Any tips on how to fix this?
Old 03-23-2003, 08:54 PM

Default Re: how to reduce the length of a song!

When you delete the midi from the edit window, it's still in the midi regions. Delete it and any other region that goes over the end of song from the regions list and you should be fine.

You can always indicate the song length for a bounce by selecting it in the time line.

But you might consider just connecting and using the drum machine realtime via midi.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:00 PM

Default Re: how to reduce the length of a song!

I usually just highlight on the edit window how much of the song I want. Its nice if you bounce different versions of the song often...