Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 06-10-2004, 06:44 AM

Default OT: Aeron Chairs....

All,

I am considering getting one of these chairs, the base model size C. Does anyone here use one? How do you like it?

-S0nguy

Old 06-10-2004, 06:58 AM

Default Re: OT: Aeron Chairs....

Yes, we have a bunch at our studio (my workplace, not my own biz) and they're extremely comfortable, there's no denying that. You could fall asleep in one of those things. That said, they've (sadly) become a status symbol more than anything else as of late. Any 'pro' control room pic you see in Mix magazine or similar publication has the damn Aeron chair, NS-10's, dim lights, lava lamp and laptop for the client. Pick and choose different items at random but the Aeron chairs are there and show "hey, we're doing well, we can afford these $800 chairs, now let's talk about rates...."
Old 06-10-2004, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Yes, we have a bunch at our studio (my workplace, not my own biz) and they're extremely comfortable, there's no denying that. You could fall asleep in one of those things. That said, they've (sadly) become a status symbol more than anything else as of late. Any 'pro' control room pic you see in Mix magazine or similar publication has the damn Aeron chair, NS-10's, dim lights, lava lamp and laptop for the client. Pick and choose different items at random but the Aeron chairs are there and show "hey, we're doing well, we can afford these $800 chairs, now let's talk about rates...."
Im not concerned about a status symbol as much as I am about my back and *****. Right now after an 8 hour session my back is killing me and Im all sweaty. my current $99.00 Office Depot jobbie isnt doing it anymore....and it seems like once you get your Aeron you keep it forever. Seems like a good investment to me.

-S0nguy

Old 06-10-2004, 07:57 AM

I really like them... I would see it as a good investment.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:26 AM

Good investment indeed, never denied it. The 'status' thing is just an observation, which your @$$ won't really care about. Get one!
Old 06-10-2004, 09:03 AM

i love those chairs, really damn comfortable...expensive though!
e
Old 06-10-2004, 09:24 AM

Well I don't know about Herman Miller chairs, But I have the pleasure of being the head of IS for the Cincinnati Area Steelcase Dealer.

That chair is a pretty close (little more Startrak looking) Ripoff (or visa versa) of the Steelcase Leap Chair, I was lucky that we had a brand new Demo Model that had no arms (they where never going to be abel to sale (Great for Guitar playing) that was given to me, It list's for over a grand.

I also have two other 800+ doller chairs that was given to me as well made by steelcase.

with that bragging said, I would never skimp on a good chair with Lumbar support, or you might pay for it health wise down the road.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:27 AM

Some voices of dissent here.
Old 06-10-2004, 09:44 AM

great chair. WAY overpriced.

manufacturing cost = $75
selling cost = $75
status symbol value = $650
Old 06-10-2004, 09:46 AM

Location: Holland, MI - Osage Beach, MO - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

Quote:
All,

I am considering getting one of these chairs, the base model size C. Does anyone here use one? How do you like it?

-S0nguy

I just bought the fully adjustable one on Monday. There is a blowout sale at an office supply store, you can pick them up from anywhere between $250 and $450!